According to report after stepping up preparations for the conduct of Assembly elections in Telangana, the Election Commission of India (EC) announced that the final voter list will be published on October 8. Meanwhile the poll panel suspended the ongoing process of revision of electoral rolls in the wake of premature dissolution of the state Assembly and declared a new schedule for revision.
As per report Telangana's Chief Electoral Officer Rajat Kumar said under the new schedule, integrated draft electoral roll will be published on September 10. Furthermore claims and objections can be filed from September 10 to September 25 while disposal of claims and objections will be taken up on October 4, while updating database and printing of supplement will be completed before October 7.
Accordingly October 8 will be the date for final
publication of the electoral roll, which means elections may be held any time
after this date. Moreover as per the schedule announced earlier, all new voters
who will complete the age of 18 on January 1, 2019, would be eligible to submit
applications to include their names in the voter list. Further the EC has
indicated that the polls in Telangana could be held at the year-end along with
four other states where elections are due. Further the poll panel announced
that it will send a team to Telangana on September 11 to study the poll
preparedness of state machinery.
No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman Tirumala sources stated that Chairman of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) Trust Board YV Subba Reddy has issued orders to cancel the L1, L2 and L3 break darshans in Tirumala. When speaking to press persons on Tuesday, he said that alternative arrangements would be implemented from Monday to replace the 'break darshan'. Furthermore he also said that the authorities have been asked
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban