According to report after stepping up preparations for the conduct of Assembly elections in Telangana, the Election Commission of India (EC) announced that the final voter list will be published on October 8. Meanwhile the poll panel suspended the ongoing process of revision of electoral rolls in the wake of premature dissolution of the state Assembly and declared a new schedule for revision.
As per report Telangana's Chief Electoral Officer Rajat Kumar said under the new schedule, integrated draft electoral roll will be published on September 10. Furthermore claims and objections can be filed from September 10 to September 25 while disposal of claims and objections will be taken up on October 4, while updating database and printing of supplement will be completed before October 7.
Accordingly October 8 will be the date for final
publication of the electoral roll, which means elections may be held any time
after this date. Moreover as per the schedule announced earlier, all new voters
who will complete the age of 18 on January 1, 2019, would be eligible to submit
applications to include their names in the voter list. Further the EC has
indicated that the polls in Telangana could be held at the year-end along with
four other states where elections are due. Further the poll panel announced
that it will send a team to Telangana on September 11 to study the poll
preparedness of state machinery.
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE