New Delhi sources stated as per report that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore each on the Union Bank of India, Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra for failing to detect and report fraud in certain accounts on time. Meanwhile the RBI, in three separate releases, said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore each on three state run banks.
Furthermore as per report according to its releases, the central bank on August 30 "imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 10 million" on the three banks for contravention of its instructions contained in Master Circular on Fraud Classification and Reporting.
Moreover the release stated the penalty has been imposed in exercise of
powers vested with the RBI under the provisions of Section 47A (1) (c) read
with Section 46 (4) (i) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 taking into account
delay on the part of the bank to report fraud in an account.
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE