As per report Ford says it won't be moving production of a hatchback vehicle to the United States from China despite President Donald Trump's claim that his taxes on Chinese imports mean the Focus Active can be built in America. Meanwhile when citing Trump's new tariffs, Ford on August 31 said it was dropping plans to ship the Focus Active from China to America. Meanwhile Trump took to twitter to declare victory and wrote "This is just the beginning and this car can now be built in the U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!"
Moreover Trump was referring to a Reuter’s article published last week on CNBC that said Ford cancelled plans to sell a small, Chinese made vehicle because of possible hikes in tariffs. Furthermore in the article, a Ford official said it would have been a "niche vehicle" in US markets, and will not cost jobs or hurt sales.
Previously in a Sunday statement replying to the
tweet, Ford said "it would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in
the U.S." given forecast yearly sales below 50,000. Reports added Trump
first threatened to up tariffs against China in July, boosting the looming
trade war between the US and China. Further after months of discussion among US
companies that the tariffs would cause costs of a wide variety of huge range of
industrial and consumer goods.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers