As per report Ford says it won't be moving production of a hatchback vehicle to the United States from China despite President Donald Trump's claim that his taxes on Chinese imports mean the Focus Active can be built in America. Meanwhile when citing Trump's new tariffs, Ford on August 31 said it was dropping plans to ship the Focus Active from China to America. Meanwhile Trump took to twitter to declare victory and wrote "This is just the beginning and this car can now be built in the U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!"
Moreover Trump was referring to a Reuter’s article published last week on CNBC that said Ford cancelled plans to sell a small, Chinese made vehicle because of possible hikes in tariffs. Furthermore in the article, a Ford official said it would have been a "niche vehicle" in US markets, and will not cost jobs or hurt sales.
Previously in a Sunday statement replying to the
tweet, Ford said "it would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in
the U.S." given forecast yearly sales below 50,000. Reports added Trump
first threatened to up tariffs against China in July, boosting the looming
trade war between the US and China. Further after months of discussion among US
companies that the tariffs would cause costs of a wide variety of huge range of
industrial and consumer goods.
Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders? As per report as a response to multiple complaints by passengers over the past few months, Indian cab aggregate Ola has launched ‘Project Guardian’ to contribute to the safety of riders in the cabs. Meanwhile when launched in three cities Bengaluru, Mumbai and Pune in its first phase, Project Guardian
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!