According to sources the White House said on Monday US President Donald trump has received a "very positive" letter from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un seeking a follow-up meeting after their historic summit in Singapore. White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said "It was a very warm, very positive letter", adding that the message showed Pyongyang's "continued commitment to focus on denuclearization" on the Korean Peninsula.
She said at the first White House press briefing in nearly three weeks "The primary purpose of the letter was to schedule another meeting with the president, which we are open to and are already in the process of coordinating". Moreover Sanders added that the letter was "further evidence of progress" in Washington's relationship with Pyongyang. Accordingly Trump and Kim held a historic summit in Singapore in June that raised prospects of a breakthrough on curtailing North Korea's nuclear program.
Meanwhile despite follow-on negotiations on denuclearizing the peninsula
hitting a snag leading to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo canceling a planned
trip to the North late last month, the new letter showed signs that the
discussions remain alive after weeks of apparent deadlock. Sanders said, adding
that Trump deserves the "credit" for bringing the two parties to the
table "We think it's important and we're glad that we are making progress".
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE