Amaravathi sources reported that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday announced a reduction of tax on petrol and diesel by Rs 2 a litre each, in the state. Meanwhile the announcement, which came amid nationwide Bharat Bandh protests called by Congress and opposition parties against the rise in fuel prices and depreciation of the rupee, was made in the state assembly.
Previously the central government has been imposing a heavy burden on people by steeply increasing the prices of petrol and diesel despite heavy income in the form of various levies and dividends. Even though the state is faced with a deficit budget, we have decided to reduce the tax and ease the burden on people". Presently the Andhra Pradesh government is levying 31% Value Added Tax plus Rs 4 as additional tax per litre of petrol and diesel and a senior official of the Commercial Taxes Department said separately the additional tax component is now being reduced to Rs 2 a litre.
Furthermore consequently, the price of petrol is expected to come down to
Rs 84.71 a litre and diesel Rs 77.98 from Tuesday morning when the tax cut
comes into effect. Earlier Naidu had criticized the centre over continues fuel
price hike and said that soon petrol and diesel would be sold at a whopping Rs
100 per litre and the rupee will further fall to Rs 100 against US dollar.
Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon Sources from Ooty stated that the Nilgiris district administration has taken steps to desilt the sprawling lake spread over 65 acres here, a popular tourist attraction for boat rides and tourism fun, to slowly help it become a fresh water lake in future. Meanwhile it is a known fact that this near two century year’s old famed lake is pool of mixture of drainage and sewage as over the centuries, unplanned
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!