Amaravathi sources reported that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday announced a reduction of tax on petrol and diesel by Rs 2 a litre each, in the state. Meanwhile the announcement, which came amid nationwide Bharat Bandh protests called by Congress and opposition parties against the rise in fuel prices and depreciation of the rupee, was made in the state assembly.
Previously the central government has been imposing a heavy burden on people by steeply increasing the prices of petrol and diesel despite heavy income in the form of various levies and dividends. Even though the state is faced with a deficit budget, we have decided to reduce the tax and ease the burden on people". Presently the Andhra Pradesh government is levying 31% Value Added Tax plus Rs 4 as additional tax per litre of petrol and diesel and a senior official of the Commercial Taxes Department said separately the additional tax component is now being reduced to Rs 2 a litre.
Furthermore consequently, the price of petrol is expected to come down to
Rs 84.71 a litre and diesel Rs 77.98 from Tuesday morning when the tax cut
comes into effect. Earlier Naidu had criticized the centre over continues fuel
price hike and said that soon petrol and diesel would be sold at a whopping Rs
100 per litre and the rupee will further fall to Rs 100 against US dollar.
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE