Amaravathi sources reported that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday announced a reduction of tax on petrol and diesel by Rs 2 a litre each, in the state. Meanwhile the announcement, which came amid nationwide Bharat Bandh protests called by Congress and opposition parties against the rise in fuel prices and depreciation of the rupee, was made in the state assembly.
Previously the central government has been imposing a heavy burden on people by steeply increasing the prices of petrol and diesel despite heavy income in the form of various levies and dividends. Even though the state is faced with a deficit budget, we have decided to reduce the tax and ease the burden on people". Presently the Andhra Pradesh government is levying 31% Value Added Tax plus Rs 4 as additional tax per litre of petrol and diesel and a senior official of the Commercial Taxes Department said separately the additional tax component is now being reduced to Rs 2 a litre.
Furthermore consequently, the price of petrol is expected to come down to
Rs 84.71 a litre and diesel Rs 77.98 from Tuesday morning when the tax cut
comes into effect. Earlier Naidu had criticized the centre over continues fuel
price hike and said that soon petrol and diesel would be sold at a whopping Rs
100 per litre and the rupee will further fall to Rs 100 against US dollar.
Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja According to sources as rescue operations are underway in cyclone Gaja affected areas of Tamilnadu’s coastal and delta districts, several actors from the state have stepped forward to do their bit. As per report it was stated that actors Sivakumar, Suriya, Karthi and Jyotika have together announced a donation of Rs 50 Lakh from their production house 2D Entertainment as relief fund for
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals