The Chennai high court has warned that if the government indulges in acts like confiscation of lands, and cutting of trees for the Salem 8 way road, the court will ban the whole 8 way road project plan itself. In the name of greenways road, the TN government had been seizing lands for the Chennai - Salem highway project, and as a part of this many agricultural lands and traditional buildings were seized.
In such a situation, the Chennai high court has given an all important announcement, Lands were being seized in areas like Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Salem, Kanchipuram and Tiruvannamalai, and the farmers of these areas were fighting against this practice.
The court has questioned the TN
government on how they can cut trees despite ban, and where was a mention of
cutting trees in the road project plan, and also asked, will the government be
okay with people capturing the lands of government officials like how they had
seized people's lands, and finally said that if the government keeps doing such
unlawful acts, the project will be scrapped.
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor