Hyderabad sources reported that the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) on Monday released their list of candidates for the 2018 Telangana Assembly elections. Meanwhile the party, with its core support base in the old city area of Hyderabad, will be contesting in seven seats. Reports added of the seven seats that the party is contesting from, only two seats have witnessed changes in terms a shuffle in the candidates.
Furthermore the two seats that were shuffled were that of Mumtaz Ahmed Khan and Syed Ahmed Pasha Quadri. Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, the present MLA from Yakutpura constituency, will now contest from Charminar while AIMIM General Secretary and present Charminar legislator Syed Ahmed Pasha, will contest from Yakutpura.
Meanwhile Quadri is considered one of the AIMIM’s
strongest candidates and hence a close associate of former AIMIM chief
Salauddin Owasi, Quadri had won the Charminar constituency in 2004, 2009 and in
2014 assembly elections. Moreover the remaining five candidates have
retained their posts from the 2014 Assembly elections. Further Akbaruddin
Owaisi, the MLA from Chandrayangutta, who has won the constituency four
consecutive times, will continue to contest from his stronghold. He said “Our
goal is that public at large should benefit from voting for us and there should
be development especially for minorities like Muslims and Dalits”.
TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana Sources from Vikarabad stated that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee Working President Revanth Reddy expressed confidence over his win from Kodangal constituency irrespective of the numerous schemes and conspiracies by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders. Meanwhile when speaking at a meeting here, he predicted that Congress President Rahul Gandhi would be elected as the Prime Minister
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi