Chennai sources reported that harnessing solar energy through roof top panels will soon become a movement in Tamilnadu. It was stated that about 50 MW of grid connected rooftop solar systems will be installed shortly on government buildings across the state by this month end. Meanwhile the capacity of each project will range from 1 Kwp to 500 Kwp for the identified locations of the buildings concerned.
Presently it has been planned to tap 25,000 buildings, including educational institutions, which offer 2 crore square feet of rooftop space with a potential capacity of 110 MW at an outlay of Rs 940 crore. Further Tamilnadu Energy Development Authority (Teda) will be the nodal agency for implementation and the agency will operate pilot projects in a few selected districts such as Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore and Salem. Moreover these would be operated by vendor on BOOT model (Build Own Operate, Transfer) basis.
Apartment Owners Welfare Association office bearer told DC “We have installed
10 KW solar power system atop our 13 storied apartment, S&S Sarvam, on 200
feet radial road, Pallikaranai”. Moreover as far as solar power is concerned,
the southern region outshines other states. Telangana alone has a capacity of
2,570 MW, followed by Andhra Pradesh with 2,140 MW, Tamilnadu with 1,710 MW,
and Karnataka with 1,500 MW.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!