Chennai sources reported that harnessing solar energy through roof top panels will soon become a movement in Tamilnadu. It was stated that about 50 MW of grid connected rooftop solar systems will be installed shortly on government buildings across the state by this month end. Meanwhile the capacity of each project will range from 1 Kwp to 500 Kwp for the identified locations of the buildings concerned.
Presently it has been planned to tap 25,000 buildings, including educational institutions, which offer 2 crore square feet of rooftop space with a potential capacity of 110 MW at an outlay of Rs 940 crore. Further Tamilnadu Energy Development Authority (Teda) will be the nodal agency for implementation and the agency will operate pilot projects in a few selected districts such as Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore and Salem. Moreover these would be operated by vendor on BOOT model (Build Own Operate, Transfer) basis.
Apartment Owners Welfare Association office bearer told DC “We have installed
10 KW solar power system atop our 13 storied apartment, S&S Sarvam, on 200
feet radial road, Pallikaranai”. Moreover as far as solar power is concerned,
the southern region outshines other states. Telangana alone has a capacity of
2,570 MW, followed by Andhra Pradesh with 2,140 MW, Tamilnadu with 1,710 MW,
and Karnataka with 1,500 MW.
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor