Washington sources reported that the space agency's Human Research Program (HRP) used ground based analogs, laboratories, and the International Space Station (ISS), to evaluate human performance and countermeasures required for the exploration of Mars, expected to be in 2030s. Meanwhile the team divided the hazards into five classifications radiation; isolation and confinement; distance from Earth; gravity and hostile or closed environments.
NASA said in a statement on Monday "Above Earth's natural protection, radiation exposure increases cancer risk, damages the central nervous system, can alter cognitive function, reduce motor function and prompt behavioral changes". Furthermore to mitigate this, deep space vehicles will have significant protective shielding, dosimetry, and alerts.
Accordingly sleep loss, circadian
desynchronisation, and work overload compound issue isolated and confined and
may lead to performance decrements, adverse health outcomes, and compromised
mission objectives. Moreover another hazard is the distance from Earth and the
spacecraft bound to Mars will include important habitability factors such as
temperature, pressure, lighting, noise, and quantity of space. Hence it is
essential that astronauts are getting the requisite food, sleep and exercise
needed to stay healthy and happy.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers