Washington sources reported that the space agency's Human Research Program (HRP) used ground based analogs, laboratories, and the International Space Station (ISS), to evaluate human performance and countermeasures required for the exploration of Mars, expected to be in 2030s. Meanwhile the team divided the hazards into five classifications radiation; isolation and confinement; distance from Earth; gravity and hostile or closed environments.
NASA said in a statement on Monday "Above Earth's natural protection, radiation exposure increases cancer risk, damages the central nervous system, can alter cognitive function, reduce motor function and prompt behavioral changes". Furthermore to mitigate this, deep space vehicles will have significant protective shielding, dosimetry, and alerts.
Accordingly sleep loss, circadian
desynchronisation, and work overload compound issue isolated and confined and
may lead to performance decrements, adverse health outcomes, and compromised
mission objectives. Moreover another hazard is the distance from Earth and the
spacecraft bound to Mars will include important habitability factors such as
temperature, pressure, lighting, noise, and quantity of space. Hence it is
essential that astronauts are getting the requisite food, sleep and exercise
needed to stay healthy and happy.
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor