Washington sources reported that the space agency's Human Research Program (HRP) used ground based analogs, laboratories, and the International Space Station (ISS), to evaluate human performance and countermeasures required for the exploration of Mars, expected to be in 2030s. Meanwhile the team divided the hazards into five classifications radiation; isolation and confinement; distance from Earth; gravity and hostile or closed environments.
NASA said in a statement on Monday "Above Earth's natural protection, radiation exposure increases cancer risk, damages the central nervous system, can alter cognitive function, reduce motor function and prompt behavioral changes". Furthermore to mitigate this, deep space vehicles will have significant protective shielding, dosimetry, and alerts.
Accordingly sleep loss, circadian
desynchronisation, and work overload compound issue isolated and confined and
may lead to performance decrements, adverse health outcomes, and compromised
mission objectives. Moreover another hazard is the distance from Earth and the
spacecraft bound to Mars will include important habitability factors such as
temperature, pressure, lighting, noise, and quantity of space. Hence it is
essential that astronauts are getting the requisite food, sleep and exercise
needed to stay healthy and happy.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!