As per report after facing heat over the recent allegations of corruption leveled against his ministers, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami addressed the media over the issue yet again, claiming that the charges against Ministers have not been proved yet. Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu has been demanding the resignation of the two ministers. Presently Health Minister Vijayabhaskar is under the scanner in connection with the gutkha scam and Tamilnadu Minister for Municipal Administration and Rural Development SP Velumani has been accused of awarding government contracts to his close friends and associates.
He told the media "This government is doing very well in all spheres and the accusations (against Velumani) are not true as there are no complaints in any department. Vested interests want to spoil the good name of the Amma government. That is why they spread news like this". Further the CBI had carried out searches on Wednesday at over 40 locations in Chennai and other districts in connection with the gutkha scam.
Moreover the Health minister's alleged involvement
in the gutkha scam has proven to be fodder for the opposition to launch
constant attacks against the government. Reports added Vijayabaskar is
the only minister within the ruling government to face heat from both the
income tax and his name figured in alleged gutkha dealer Madhava
Rao's diary recovered during searches conducted by the I-T department in
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor