As per report after facing heat over the recent allegations of corruption leveled against his ministers, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami addressed the media over the issue yet again, claiming that the charges against Ministers have not been proved yet. Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu has been demanding the resignation of the two ministers. Presently Health Minister Vijayabhaskar is under the scanner in connection with the gutkha scam and Tamilnadu Minister for Municipal Administration and Rural Development SP Velumani has been accused of awarding government contracts to his close friends and associates.
He told the media "This government is doing very well in all spheres and the accusations (against Velumani) are not true as there are no complaints in any department. Vested interests want to spoil the good name of the Amma government. That is why they spread news like this". Further the CBI had carried out searches on Wednesday at over 40 locations in Chennai and other districts in connection with the gutkha scam.
Moreover the Health minister's alleged involvement
in the gutkha scam has proven to be fodder for the opposition to launch
constant attacks against the government. Reports added Vijayabaskar is
the only minister within the ruling government to face heat from both the
income tax and his name figured in alleged gutkha dealer Madhava
Rao's diary recovered during searches conducted by the I-T department in
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers