As per report after facing heat over the recent allegations of corruption leveled against his ministers, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami addressed the media over the issue yet again, claiming that the charges against Ministers have not been proved yet. Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu has been demanding the resignation of the two ministers. Presently Health Minister Vijayabhaskar is under the scanner in connection with the gutkha scam and Tamilnadu Minister for Municipal Administration and Rural Development SP Velumani has been accused of awarding government contracts to his close friends and associates.
He told the media "This government is doing very well in all spheres and the accusations (against Velumani) are not true as there are no complaints in any department. Vested interests want to spoil the good name of the Amma government. That is why they spread news like this". Further the CBI had carried out searches on Wednesday at over 40 locations in Chennai and other districts in connection with the gutkha scam.
Moreover the Health minister's alleged involvement
in the gutkha scam has proven to be fodder for the opposition to launch
constant attacks against the government. Reports added Vijayabaskar is
the only minister within the ruling government to face heat from both the
income tax and his name figured in alleged gutkha dealer Madhava
Rao's diary recovered during searches conducted by the I-T department in
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!