Every festival comes with a unique set of decorations and with Ganesh Chaturthi just around the corner, it is time to lighten up your house for the festivities. Meanwhile Ganesh Chathurthi, also known as Vinayaka Chathurthi, is celebrated to worship Lord Ganesha. As per the Hindu luni-solar calendar, Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated on the fourth day of the month of Bhadrapada and spans for 10 days. Devotees in general decorate their houses and pray to the God for health, wealth and prosperity.
Moreover decorating the house with diyas is an age old Indian tradition that never goes out of fashion. From Diwali to Poojas, no Hindu festival (especially) is complete without lighting diyas. If you do not have the budget and time to do anything fancy, light up your house with diyas in front of the idol of Lord Ganesha.
The markets are flooded with
ceramic idols of God, but there is an aesthetic charm about bronze and brass
idols that is absolutely irreplaceable. Spread a positive vibe in your living
space with divine idol of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi. Next all that glitters
is not gold but can certainly add glamour to your festive decorations. Lights
play an important role to give your decoration to liven it up. Today there is a
wide variety of lights available in the market that have all sorts of shapes
and sizes, and do not even consume too much of electricity.
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day