With the Ganesh Chaturthi festival set to begin in Maharashtra from September 13, organizers are leaving no stone unturned to have the perfect celebration. And that includes getting enough insurance cover for their Ganesh idols and their devotees. Meanwhile sources told Money control that all the mandals (organizers) put together have taken about Rs 600 crore of insurance cover this season. This is almost a 20% jump as compared to last year.
Further the city’s richest Ganesh mandal, GSB Seva Mandal in Kings Circle, has taken a cover of Rs 264.75 crore. This includes jewelry, personal accident policy for devotees and workers, and any third party liabilities due to incidents like terrorism, earthquake among others. Meanwhile the insurance period kicks in right from the time the jewelry is taken out of the locker, and lasts till the day it is put back. The policy will be valid till September 28.
Further also, the Labaugcha Raja Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav
organizers have discontinued the practice of taking a cover of Rs 10 crore for
all the smaller mandals, which was the norm till last year. Moreover Insurance
is a must have during the 10 day festivities and not just due to the fact that
the idol is adorned with gold, diamond and other precious jewelry, but for
the a risk of accidents from the sheer number of people visiting the
on a daily basis.
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE