With the Ganesh Chaturthi festival set to begin in Maharashtra from September 13, organizers are leaving no stone unturned to have the perfect celebration. And that includes getting enough insurance cover for their Ganesh idols and their devotees. Meanwhile sources told Money control that all the mandals (organizers) put together have taken about Rs 600 crore of insurance cover this season. This is almost a 20% jump as compared to last year.
Further the city’s richest Ganesh mandal, GSB Seva Mandal in Kings Circle, has taken a cover of Rs 264.75 crore. This includes jewelry, personal accident policy for devotees and workers, and any third party liabilities due to incidents like terrorism, earthquake among others. Meanwhile the insurance period kicks in right from the time the jewelry is taken out of the locker, and lasts till the day it is put back. The policy will be valid till September 28.
Further also, the Labaugcha Raja Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav
organizers have discontinued the practice of taking a cover of Rs 10 crore for
all the smaller mandals, which was the norm till last year. Moreover Insurance
is a must have during the 10 day festivities and not just due to the fact that
the idol is adorned with gold, diamond and other precious jewelry, but for
the a risk of accidents from the sheer number of people visiting the
on a daily basis.
Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95 According to sources Dewan Housing Finance Corporation shares fell as much as 6.5% on Thursday, a day after the company said its chief executive Harshil Mehta had resigned. Reportedly Dewan Housing Finance shares opened lower at Rs. 104.00 apiece on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95 in early trade, from their previous close of Rs. 111.20.
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!