With the Ganesh Chaturthi festival set to begin in Maharashtra from September 13, organizers are leaving no stone unturned to have the perfect celebration. And that includes getting enough insurance cover for their Ganesh idols and their devotees. Meanwhile sources told Money control that all the mandals (organizers) put together have taken about Rs 600 crore of insurance cover this season. This is almost a 20% jump as compared to last year.
Further the city’s richest Ganesh mandal, GSB Seva Mandal in Kings Circle, has taken a cover of Rs 264.75 crore. This includes jewelry, personal accident policy for devotees and workers, and any third party liabilities due to incidents like terrorism, earthquake among others. Meanwhile the insurance period kicks in right from the time the jewelry is taken out of the locker, and lasts till the day it is put back. The policy will be valid till September 28.
Further also, the Labaugcha Raja Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav
organizers have discontinued the practice of taking a cover of Rs 10 crore for
all the smaller mandals, which was the norm till last year. Moreover Insurance
is a must have during the 10 day festivities and not just due to the fact that
the idol is adorned with gold, diamond and other precious jewelry, but for
the a risk of accidents from the sheer number of people visiting the
on a daily basis.
GST Council reduces tax rates New Delhi sources stated that conceding a yearlong demand, sanitary pads today exempted from GST as the GST Council reduced tax rates on an array of daily use appliances and products. Meanwhile Finance Minister Piyush Goyal told reporters that GST tax on sanitary pads was cut from 12% to zero, rakhis were exempted from the tax.
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?