According to sources as per report from the current academic year, over 3,000 government primary and high schools in Karnataka will be brought under CCTV camera surveillance. Meanwhile when following instructions from Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy, it was stated that the CCTV cameras will be installed in a phased manner by the state department of primary and secondary education. In the first step, the Department of Education (DoE) has released Rs 10 crore for installation of the cameras at over 3,000 government schools across the state.
Recently while priority is being accorded to schools with greater number of girl students, each school will get four CCTV cameras. Furthermore the spots where the CCTC cameras are to be installed will be decided by officials at the local level and the school heads depending on strategic locations and their sensitivity. Accordingly one camera will be installed at the entrance of the school, one will be in the playground and another in the teachers’ lobby and school authorities will be able to monitor the footage using a computer.
Moreover the Department of Public Instructions
is ready with an action plan to kick start the process after officials in the
DoE had issued a government order in August. Further at a recent meeting
with primary and secondary education department officials, the Chief Minister
had said safety of children in government schools should be the top priority. An
official said “He then directed the principal secretary of the department to
take necessary measures to install CCTVs”.
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other