According to sources as per report from the current academic year, over 3,000 government primary and high schools in Karnataka will be brought under CCTV camera surveillance. Meanwhile when following instructions from Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy, it was stated that the CCTV cameras will be installed in a phased manner by the state department of primary and secondary education. In the first step, the Department of Education (DoE) has released Rs 10 crore for installation of the cameras at over 3,000 government schools across the state.
Recently while priority is being accorded to schools with greater number of girl students, each school will get four CCTV cameras. Furthermore the spots where the CCTC cameras are to be installed will be decided by officials at the local level and the school heads depending on strategic locations and their sensitivity. Accordingly one camera will be installed at the entrance of the school, one will be in the playground and another in the teachers’ lobby and school authorities will be able to monitor the footage using a computer.
Moreover the Department of Public Instructions
is ready with an action plan to kick start the process after officials in the
DoE had issued a government order in August. Further at a recent meeting
with primary and secondary education department officials, the Chief Minister
had said safety of children in government schools should be the top priority. An
official said “He then directed the principal secretary of the department to
take necessary measures to install CCTVs”.
TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana Sources from Vikarabad stated that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee Working President Revanth Reddy expressed confidence over his win from Kodangal constituency irrespective of the numerous schemes and conspiracies by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders. Meanwhile when speaking at a meeting here, he predicted that Congress President Rahul Gandhi would be elected as the Prime Minister
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi