New Delhi sources stated that a district official said yesterday Prime Minister Narendra Modi will celebrate his 68th birthday at Varanasi his parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh on Monday. Accordingly a tentative schedule sent by district authorities to the Prime Minister's Office reveals PM Modi will offer prayers to Lord Shiva at the Kashi Vishwanath temple and watch 'Chalo Jeete Hain', a film based on his life, along with a few school students on the occasion.
Meanwhile, the 32 minute film has become the subject of much controversy, with Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam calling PM Narendra Modi as illiterate and criticizing the Maharashtra government's decision to screen it at schools across the state. Furthermore the Prime Minister is also likely to launch several developmental projects including the expansion of the Babatpur-Shivpur road, Ring Road phase I and a few projects at the Banaras Hindu University during his visit to Varanasi. Chief minister Yogi Adityanath dropped by the temple town on Wednesday to review security arrangements for PM Modi's visit.
Previously the Prime Minister had visited his 98
year old mother, Hiraba, on the outskirts of Gujarat's Gandhinagar on his last
birthday, before going on to dedicate the Sardar Sarovar Dam to the nation.
Hence the Bharatiya Janata Party marked the day by observing 'Seva Diwas'
across the country, with party leaders participating in medical camps, blood
donation events and cleanliness drives
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor