New Delhi sources stated that a district official said yesterday Prime Minister Narendra Modi will celebrate his 68th birthday at Varanasi his parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh on Monday. Accordingly a tentative schedule sent by district authorities to the Prime Minister's Office reveals PM Modi will offer prayers to Lord Shiva at the Kashi Vishwanath temple and watch 'Chalo Jeete Hain', a film based on his life, along with a few school students on the occasion.
Meanwhile, the 32 minute film has become the subject of much controversy, with Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam calling PM Narendra Modi as illiterate and criticizing the Maharashtra government's decision to screen it at schools across the state. Furthermore the Prime Minister is also likely to launch several developmental projects including the expansion of the Babatpur-Shivpur road, Ring Road phase I and a few projects at the Banaras Hindu University during his visit to Varanasi. Chief minister Yogi Adityanath dropped by the temple town on Wednesday to review security arrangements for PM Modi's visit.
Previously the Prime Minister had visited his 98
year old mother, Hiraba, on the outskirts of Gujarat's Gandhinagar on his last
birthday, before going on to dedicate the Sardar Sarovar Dam to the nation.
Hence the Bharatiya Janata Party marked the day by observing 'Seva Diwas'
across the country, with party leaders participating in medical camps, blood
donation events and cleanliness drives
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!