As per report, a district consumer court in Hyderabad has pronounced a judgment against Maheshwari Parmeshwari Mall for levying parking charges on visitors. Meanwhile the court has ordered the mall owner to compensate the complainant and this is the first such judgment against a commercial establishment by a consumer court in the State.
Accordingly Maheshwari Parmeshwari Mall at Kachiguda Cross Roads in Hyderabad has been directed to pay Rs 50,000 as compensation for causing mental trauma to the complainant, where an additional Rs 5,000 has been imposed as a fine to the court. Reports added the court has given the mall owner 30 days to pay the amount, failing to do so will attract a 7% interest per annum from the date of expiry of 30 days till the date the amount is paid in full, read the judgment.
Moreover the judgment, though pronounced on August
29, was only made available to the complainant on September 13. Further the
mall, owned by Subbarami Reddy, was found charging Rs 20 for two hours and Rs
30 for a four hour parking. As per the Government Order (GO), visitors of malls
and multiplexes can park their vehicles for free for the first 30 minutes. The
GO, which came into effect from April 1, stated that no parking fee will be
collected for the first 30 minutes, which could be extended to one hour if the
vehicle owner produced a bill of purchase from the mall or multiplex.
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day