As per report, a district consumer court in Hyderabad has pronounced a judgment against Maheshwari Parmeshwari Mall for levying parking charges on visitors. Meanwhile the court has ordered the mall owner to compensate the complainant and this is the first such judgment against a commercial establishment by a consumer court in the State.
Accordingly Maheshwari Parmeshwari Mall at Kachiguda Cross Roads in Hyderabad has been directed to pay Rs 50,000 as compensation for causing mental trauma to the complainant, where an additional Rs 5,000 has been imposed as a fine to the court. Reports added the court has given the mall owner 30 days to pay the amount, failing to do so will attract a 7% interest per annum from the date of expiry of 30 days till the date the amount is paid in full, read the judgment.
Moreover the judgment, though pronounced on August
29, was only made available to the complainant on September 13. Further the
mall, owned by Subbarami Reddy, was found charging Rs 20 for two hours and Rs
30 for a four hour parking. As per the Government Order (GO), visitors of malls
and multiplexes can park their vehicles for free for the first 30 minutes. The
GO, which came into effect from April 1, stated that no parking fee will be
collected for the first 30 minutes, which could be extended to one hour if the
vehicle owner produced a bill of purchase from the mall or multiplex.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers