As per report, a district consumer court in Hyderabad has pronounced a judgment against Maheshwari Parmeshwari Mall for levying parking charges on visitors. Meanwhile the court has ordered the mall owner to compensate the complainant and this is the first such judgment against a commercial establishment by a consumer court in the State.
Accordingly Maheshwari Parmeshwari Mall at Kachiguda Cross Roads in Hyderabad has been directed to pay Rs 50,000 as compensation for causing mental trauma to the complainant, where an additional Rs 5,000 has been imposed as a fine to the court. Reports added the court has given the mall owner 30 days to pay the amount, failing to do so will attract a 7% interest per annum from the date of expiry of 30 days till the date the amount is paid in full, read the judgment.
Moreover the judgment, though pronounced on August
29, was only made available to the complainant on September 13. Further the
mall, owned by Subbarami Reddy, was found charging Rs 20 for two hours and Rs
30 for a four hour parking. As per the Government Order (GO), visitors of malls
and multiplexes can park their vehicles for free for the first 30 minutes. The
GO, which came into effect from April 1, stated that no parking fee will be
collected for the first 30 minutes, which could be extended to one hour if the
vehicle owner produced a bill of purchase from the mall or multiplex.
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor