According to sources local officials said at least six people were injured and hundreds were ordered to evacuate their homes following a series of 70 explosions that rocked three communities near Boston on Thursday, apparently triggered by a gas pipeline rupture. Meanwhile Live TV images showed firefighters battling blazes in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover, around 25 miles (40 km) north of the U.S. city. Reports added the streets were darkened where authorities had cut off electricity and were shutting down gas service in an effort to stop further blazes.
Furthermore at least three people, including one firefighter, were hurt in Andover, the town said in a statement. Moreover six people were being treated at Lawrence General Hospital, said spokeswoman Jill McDonald Halsey and it was not immediately clear if any of those being treated at that hospital were from Andover. Further Massachusetts State Police said a total of 70 fires, explosions or investigations of gas odor had been reported.
As per report North Andover resident Laurie
Williams, 55, said she drove home from work to find police and fire vehicles blocking
streets near her home, and learned three buildings nearby were on fire. Moreover
Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera told WBZ "What we know is that there is multiple
explosions, multiple fires that are happening across the city." He said
residents detecting strange odors should leave their homes.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?