According to sources local officials said at least six people were injured and hundreds were ordered to evacuate their homes following a series of 70 explosions that rocked three communities near Boston on Thursday, apparently triggered by a gas pipeline rupture. Meanwhile Live TV images showed firefighters battling blazes in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover, around 25 miles (40 km) north of the U.S. city. Reports added the streets were darkened where authorities had cut off electricity and were shutting down gas service in an effort to stop further blazes.
Furthermore at least three people, including one firefighter, were hurt in Andover, the town said in a statement. Moreover six people were being treated at Lawrence General Hospital, said spokeswoman Jill McDonald Halsey and it was not immediately clear if any of those being treated at that hospital were from Andover. Further Massachusetts State Police said a total of 70 fires, explosions or investigations of gas odor had been reported.
As per report North Andover resident Laurie
Williams, 55, said she drove home from work to find police and fire vehicles blocking
streets near her home, and learned three buildings nearby were on fire. Moreover
Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera told WBZ "What we know is that there is multiple
explosions, multiple fires that are happening across the city." He said
residents detecting strange odors should leave their homes.
Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death! Former Tehelka editor Samuel Mathews had recently released a documentary on Kodanadu murders and thefts, where he had accused the Tamilnadu Chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy of the murders in the estate for acquiring some evidence from the estate, following which a case was filed by the TN govt against him.
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!