According to sources local officials said at least six people were injured and hundreds were ordered to evacuate their homes following a series of 70 explosions that rocked three communities near Boston on Thursday, apparently triggered by a gas pipeline rupture. Meanwhile Live TV images showed firefighters battling blazes in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover, around 25 miles (40 km) north of the U.S. city. Reports added the streets were darkened where authorities had cut off electricity and were shutting down gas service in an effort to stop further blazes.
Furthermore at least three people, including one firefighter, were hurt in Andover, the town said in a statement. Moreover six people were being treated at Lawrence General Hospital, said spokeswoman Jill McDonald Halsey and it was not immediately clear if any of those being treated at that hospital were from Andover. Further Massachusetts State Police said a total of 70 fires, explosions or investigations of gas odor had been reported.
As per report North Andover resident Laurie
Williams, 55, said she drove home from work to find police and fire vehicles blocking
streets near her home, and learned three buildings nearby were on fire. Moreover
Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera told WBZ "What we know is that there is multiple
explosions, multiple fires that are happening across the city." He said
residents detecting strange odors should leave their homes.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!