As per report first lot of Electronic Voter Machines (EVM) machines arrive in Telangana, Rajat Kumar, and Chief Electoral Officer for Telangana assures that EVM's are 100 percent safe and those found to raise frivolous claims about EVMs malfunctioning will be prosecuted. Meanwhile an official Rajat Kumar said "The first level checking of the EVM machines will be done in the presence of political parties," and the machine will be checked for electronic and manufacturing defects. Political parties will be allowed to test the equipment to dispel their doubts.
Furthermore the CEO assured that the EVMS to be used in the upcoming Telangana elections are safe and assured that genuine cases of EVM malfunctions will be taken seriously. Reports added he, however, warned that if the EVM malfunction claim was found to be untrue, the complainant could attract prosecution.
Kumar said "All
judicial cases have been decided in favor of EVMs. Those who are working with
India's defense are the ones who have developed EVM's and if a voter feels that
they press one button but if some other button lights up, the voter can go to
polling officer and register a complaint, but frivolous claims will be
prosecuted and genuine cases will be taken seriously”. Moreover a large scale
awareness campaign will be launched to increase voter participation in the
state. District collectors have been roped in to increase voter participation
in the polls that are expected to take place in December.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open