New Delhi sources stated that senior leader of the Congress party Marri Shahshidar Reddy said that there were 30 lakh fake voters in the electoral rolls of Telangana State. Meanwhile after complaining to the Chief Election Commissioner about the irregularities in the electoral roll he demanded that after weeding out the fake voters, the re-adjustment process of the new electoral roll should be carried out according to the old schedule.
Further Shashidhar Reddy said that it was no joke to have 12 per cent fake voters. Although it is painstaking, the door to door verification has to be done. Moreover he reiterated "The publication of the 2019 electoral roll re-adjustment has to be done by January 4 next year. Only after clarifying on the doubts and queries of the voters, the elections have to be held and it is not right to not take action on the irregularities in the name of early polls".
Further adding that there were 18 lakh people who had the right to vote in
both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, he said that the issue had been brought to
the Election Commission's attention.
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day