New Delhi sources stated that a noted UK based medical journal has said Narendra Modi is India's first prime minister to prioritize universal health coverage (UHC) as part of his political platform under the 'Ayushman Bharat' scheme, even as it added that Congress chief Rahul Gandhi was "yet to match Modicare". Meanwhile the journal said that Modi has grasped the importance of health not only as a natural right but also as a political instrument.
Horton said in an article published in the journal "Rahul Gandhi seeking to resurrect the Congress and prove that India's greatest political dynasty still has something to offer, despite his promises to help lower castes, tribal communities and rural poor, is yet to match Modicare". Furthermore the Lancet editor in chief asserted that health will be a decisive issue in next year's general election in the country.
Moreover with reference to five India specific disease burden studies on
non-communicable diseases published in The Lancet group of journals on
Wednesday, Horton said, "as the BJP and Congress set out competing and
contrasting visions for India's future, health will rightly become a decisive
issue in next year's general election". The article said "Modi
is the first Indian Prime Minister to prioritize universal health coverage as
part of his political platform. Rahul Gandhi, despite his promises to help
lower castes, tribal communities, and the rural poor, has yet to match Modicare”.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!