New Delhi sources stated that a noted UK based medical journal has said Narendra Modi is India's first prime minister to prioritize universal health coverage (UHC) as part of his political platform under the 'Ayushman Bharat' scheme, even as it added that Congress chief Rahul Gandhi was "yet to match Modicare". Meanwhile the journal said that Modi has grasped the importance of health not only as a natural right but also as a political instrument.
Horton said in an article published in the journal "Rahul Gandhi seeking to resurrect the Congress and prove that India's greatest political dynasty still has something to offer, despite his promises to help lower castes, tribal communities and rural poor, is yet to match Modicare". Furthermore the Lancet editor in chief asserted that health will be a decisive issue in next year's general election in the country.
Moreover with reference to five India specific disease burden studies on
non-communicable diseases published in The Lancet group of journals on
Wednesday, Horton said, "as the BJP and Congress set out competing and
contrasting visions for India's future, health will rightly become a decisive
issue in next year's general election". The article said "Modi
is the first Indian Prime Minister to prioritize universal health coverage as
part of his political platform. Rahul Gandhi, despite his promises to help
lower castes, tribal communities, and the rural poor, has yet to match Modicare”.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?