Accordingly the fate of the 23rd edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) is uncertain due to paucity of funds as the state is going through a rebuilding process after being hit by the worst ever floods last month and usually IFFK is held in December every year. Previously Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan gave a directive that on account of the huge requirement of funds for rebuilding the state, all extravagant programs include the IFFK and the State Youth Festival be called off this year.
Further when succumbing to pressure from several quarters, it was decided to go ahead with the Youth Festival on a shoestring budget without any extravagance and then came a request that the IFFK should be held too. Moreover soon after his return from the US, Pinarayi gave the nod for the IFFK, but on the condition that the organizers should utilize their own funds. Hence the State Minister for Films AK Balan told the media that for last year's IFFK, the budget was Rs 6 crore.
Accordingly due to the present circumstances, it
has been worked out that to hold the festival in a very modest manner, they
would require Rs 3 crore. Of this, the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy (the
state owned body that conducts the IFFK) will be able to bring in Rs 2 crore
and they should be allowed to take Rs 1 crore from the plan funds.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority