Accordingly the fate of the 23rd edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) is uncertain due to paucity of funds as the state is going through a rebuilding process after being hit by the worst ever floods last month and usually IFFK is held in December every year. Previously Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan gave a directive that on account of the huge requirement of funds for rebuilding the state, all extravagant programs include the IFFK and the State Youth Festival be called off this year.
Further when succumbing to pressure from several quarters, it was decided to go ahead with the Youth Festival on a shoestring budget without any extravagance and then came a request that the IFFK should be held too. Moreover soon after his return from the US, Pinarayi gave the nod for the IFFK, but on the condition that the organizers should utilize their own funds. Hence the State Minister for Films AK Balan told the media that for last year's IFFK, the budget was Rs 6 crore.
Accordingly due to the present circumstances, it
has been worked out that to hold the festival in a very modest manner, they
would require Rs 3 crore. Of this, the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy (the
state owned body that conducts the IFFK) will be able to bring in Rs 2 crore
and they should be allowed to take Rs 1 crore from the plan funds.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal