According to sources while several states have welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s new health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat, five states, however, have rejected the same. Meanwhile the Prime Minister launched Ayushman Bharat, also called the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, on September 23 in Ranchi and it targets low income families, particularly those in rural pockets of the country, and aims to cover each family with health insurance amounting up to Rs 5 lakh.
Accordingly Kerala, Telangana, Odisha, Delhi, and Punjab have announced that they will not implement Ayushman Bharat until their concerns about the same are addressed. Meanwhile Ayushman Bharat has been called the world's largest government funded universal healthcare coverage program.
Presently 31 states and Union Territories are
geared up to incorporate Ayushman Bharat in their state’s healthcare policies.
Moreover under the program roughly Rs 10 crore will be allocated to families
below the poverty line who will receive coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh. Moreover
when speaking to TNM, Dr T Narasinga Reddy, Telangana president of the Indian
Medical Association, said, “Under the state run Aarogyasri program, nearly 85%
of the population is covered and the Ayushman Bharat, on the other hand, would
only cover only 85 lakh families.”
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach