The High Court of Chennai has cancelled the arrest warrant that was issued against Thirurmurugan Gandhi, the coordinator of May 17 organization. May 17 organization and many other including MDMK party were fighting against the fair investigation into the Sri Lankan Tamils genocide, and in this issue, America had ordered that internal investigation was sufficient.
Protesting against this, in 2014 and 2016, before the Chennai US Embassy office the May 17 organization people had protested, and even MDMK Leader Vaiko had participated in this. Following this a case was filed against those who protested including Thirumurugan Gandhi the coordinator of May 17 organization.
Following him not
appearing for investigation, he was issued an arrest warrant. However the
Chennai High court has cancelled the arrest warrant on Thirumurugan Gandhi, and
currently he is in Vellore prison after being arrested after representing the
Sterlite Shooting issue of Thoothukudi at the United Nations and returning to
Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends Reportedly as the voting comes to an end in Maharashtra and Haryana, the results of the exit polls will start trickling in soon. Meanwhile in Maharashtra, the Congress and NCP combine is seeking to dislodge the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance government in the 288-seat Assembly. Furthermore in Haryana, the ruling BJP is locked in a contest with the opposition Congress and the fledgling JJP for the 90 Assembly seats.
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- Opposition leaders step out to vote
- 5.79% Voter Turnout Till 10am in Maharashtra
- Haryana CM came to Polling Booth by BICYCLE
- Voting in Maharashtra & Other States in full swing
- Leading Personalities franchising their Votes
- By-Polls Polling begins in Maharashtra & Haryana