Sources from Thanjavur stated that winning an award from the Central government is a feather in the cap of a state government. Meanwhile it was one joyous moment as Thanjavur district received the national award for implementing Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) well for the year 2016-17.
Accordingly the district scored in cent per cent distribution of wages under e-payment, giving work to maximum number of persons and maintaining proper documents. Furthermore Narendra Singh Thomar, union minister for rural development and Panchayati raj, Ram Giripal, union minister of state for rural development and Panchayati raj, presented the award to S.P. Velumani, state minister for urban administration and rural development, on September 11 in Delhi.
As per report a certificate was presented to A.
Annadurai, Thanjavur district collector on the occasion. Amirth Sinha,
secretary, department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj and Mantrachalam,
project director, District rural development agency, Thanjavur, participated in
the function. A. Annadurai Thanjavur district collector said “While this award
is an indicator of the continuous efforts we made to reach as many benefits
under the scheme to people and dovetailing of diversified programs with it, the
award also reminds us of keeping the same standard in future and develop the
program to help people below poverty line and relieve them from poverty”.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7