Sources from Thanjavur stated that winning an award from the Central government is a feather in the cap of a state government. Meanwhile it was one joyous moment as Thanjavur district received the national award for implementing Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) well for the year 2016-17.
Accordingly the district scored in cent per cent distribution of wages under e-payment, giving work to maximum number of persons and maintaining proper documents. Furthermore Narendra Singh Thomar, union minister for rural development and Panchayati raj, Ram Giripal, union minister of state for rural development and Panchayati raj, presented the award to S.P. Velumani, state minister for urban administration and rural development, on September 11 in Delhi.
As per report a certificate was presented to A.
Annadurai, Thanjavur district collector on the occasion. Amirth Sinha,
secretary, department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj and Mantrachalam,
project director, District rural development agency, Thanjavur, participated in
the function. A. Annadurai Thanjavur district collector said “While this award
is an indicator of the continuous efforts we made to reach as many benefits
under the scheme to people and dovetailing of diversified programs with it, the
award also reminds us of keeping the same standard in future and develop the
program to help people below poverty line and relieve them from poverty”.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations