Washington sources reported that two powerful Democratic women senators have urged the Trump administration not to go ahead with its decision to revoke authorization to immigrants on H-4 visas, a majority of who are Indian-Americans, as doing so would impact more than 100,000 women. Accordingly H-4 visas are issued by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to immediate family members spouse and children under 21 years of age of the holder of H-1B visa, the most sought after among Indian IT professionals.
Meanwhile Senators Kamala Harris from California and Kirsten Gillibrand from New York wrote a letter on the matter to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and USCIS Director L Francis Cissna. Furthermore the letter comes after Department of Homeland Security told a US court last week it is going to revoke employment authorization of H-4 visa holders and a notification in this connection is to be issued in less than three months.
Moreover the Trump administration is reviewing the H-1B visa policy that
it thinks is being misused by companies to replace American workers and it has
said publicly and also in its court filing it wants to revoke work permits to
H-4 visa holders. Hence the move will have a major impact on Indian women as
they are a major beneficiary of the Obama era rule.
Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI! The union government has removed special director of CBI Rakesh Asthana, just within a week of removal of his chief Alok Verma that was followed by his offering of fire services chief role and his subsequent resignation from police services.
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker