Washington sources reported that two powerful Democratic women senators have urged the Trump administration not to go ahead with its decision to revoke authorization to immigrants on H-4 visas, a majority of who are Indian-Americans, as doing so would impact more than 100,000 women. Accordingly H-4 visas are issued by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to immediate family members spouse and children under 21 years of age of the holder of H-1B visa, the most sought after among Indian IT professionals.
Meanwhile Senators Kamala Harris from California and Kirsten Gillibrand from New York wrote a letter on the matter to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and USCIS Director L Francis Cissna. Furthermore the letter comes after Department of Homeland Security told a US court last week it is going to revoke employment authorization of H-4 visa holders and a notification in this connection is to be issued in less than three months.
Moreover the Trump administration is reviewing the H-1B visa policy that
it thinks is being misused by companies to replace American workers and it has
said publicly and also in its court filing it wants to revoke work permits to
H-4 visa holders. Hence the move will have a major impact on Indian women as
they are a major beneficiary of the Obama era rule.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations