United Nations sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded with the United Nations' highest environmental honor for his leadership of the International Solar Alliance and pledge to eliminate single use plastic in India by 2022. Meanwhile six of the world's most outstanding environmental change makers have been recognized with the Champions of the Earth Award, the UN's highest environmental honor.
The UN Environment Program said "This year's laureates are recognized for a combination of bold, innovative, and tireless efforts to tackle some of the most urgent environmental issues of our times”. Recently Cochin International Airport has also been awarded for Entrepreneurial Vision, for its leadership in the use of sustainable energy.
Accordingly French President Emmanuel Macron and PM Modi have been jointly
recognized in the Policy Leadership category for their pioneering work in
championing the International Solar Alliance and promoting new areas of levels
of cooperation on environmental action, including Macron's work on the Global
Pact for the Environment and PM Modi's unprecedented pledge to eliminate all
single use plastic in India by 2022.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach