United Nations sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded with the United Nations' highest environmental honor for his leadership of the International Solar Alliance and pledge to eliminate single use plastic in India by 2022. Meanwhile six of the world's most outstanding environmental change makers have been recognized with the Champions of the Earth Award, the UN's highest environmental honor.
The UN Environment Program said "This year's laureates are recognized for a combination of bold, innovative, and tireless efforts to tackle some of the most urgent environmental issues of our times”. Recently Cochin International Airport has also been awarded for Entrepreneurial Vision, for its leadership in the use of sustainable energy.
Accordingly French President Emmanuel Macron and PM Modi have been jointly
recognized in the Policy Leadership category for their pioneering work in
championing the International Solar Alliance and promoting new areas of levels
of cooperation on environmental action, including Macron's work on the Global
Pact for the Environment and PM Modi's unprecedented pledge to eliminate all
single use plastic in India by 2022.
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities