United Nations sources stated that British Prime Minister Theresa May has called on world leaders to embrace globalization shunning natural patriotism that gets warped into aggressive nationalism leading to confrontations. Meanwhile the British leader's address came a day after US President Donald Trump said "We reject the ideology of globalism, and we embrace the doctrine of patriotism" at the UNGA.
Reports added May said the international community has seen "what happens when natural patriotism cornerstone of a healthy society is warped into aggressive nationalism, exploiting fear and uncertainty to promote identity politics at home and belligerent confrontation abroad, while breaking rules and undermining institutions".
The British leader addressing the UN General
Assembly (UNGA) said “The way to prevent it involves "global cooperation
between strong and accountable states based on open economies and inclusive
societies". Furthermore the best way of resisting protectionism, May
pointed out, is to ensure the present century is defined by open markets that
deliver for all people. Hence she emphasized that "delivering for your
citizens at home does not have to be at the expense of global cooperation,
values, rules and ideals".
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach