New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Friday allowed entry of women of all ages into the Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala in Kerala. Accordingly, the five judge constitution bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, in its 4:1 verdict, said banning entry of women to Kerala's Sabarimala temple is gender discrimination and the practice violates rights of Hindu women. Meanwhile, it said religion is a way of life basically to link life with divinity.
As per report Justices, RF Nariman and D Y Chandrachud concurred with the CJI and Justice A M Khanwilkar, Justice Indu Malhotra gave a dissenting verdict. Furthermore, the court pronounced its verdict on a clutch of pleas challenging the ban on entry of women of menstrual age in Kerala's Sabarimala temple and said law and society are tasked with the task to act as levelers.
Accordingly, the bench passed four sets of separate judgments. The CJI said devotion cannot be subjected to discrimination and patriarchal notion cannot be allowed to trump equality in devotion and said the devotees of Lord Ayyappa do not constitute a separate denomination.
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370