According to sources, a Boeing 737-800 aircraft has come down in a lagoon off Chuuk International Airport in Micronesia in the Pacific Ocean and the details are still unclear. As per the report, the cause of the incident is not yet known but media reports said it had overshot the runway while attempting to land. Meanwhile, images shared on social media on Friday showed the plane Air Niugini plane, from Papua New Guinea (PNG), sitting in shallow water just off the coast.
The BBC reported that passengers could be seen being picked up in small boats. Meanwhile, the air investigation authorities in Papua New Guinea told the BBC there were no reports of any serious injuries. Reportedly the aircraft was flying from the island of Pohnpei in Micronesia to Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea, stopping at Micronesia's Weno island on the way. Furthermore, an official from the PNG air aviation authorities said investigators were preparing to travel to Micronesia.
report, it was stated that Micronesia is made up of four island states: Pohnpei, Kosrae, Chuuk and Yap with palm-shaded beaches, wreck-filled dives and ancient ruins. Moreover Sunken basalt temples and burial vaults extend out into one of the lagoons.
Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir The Indian Air Force transferred Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman due to security reasons from Srinagar airbase to another airbase in Western sector in Pakistan border. Only post few tests a decision will be made on whether Abhinandan can fly fighter jet.
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?
- When is Telangana Local Body polling planned?
- Azim Premji History Maker Chairman of Wipro Limited
- Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face