Hyderabad sources stated that Chief Electoral Officer Rajath Kumar on Thursday said the second phase of the free life insurance scheme for farmers would be referred to the Election Commission (EC) for its suggestion, in view of the Model Code of Conduct implemented in the state. Presently the state government is implementing the Rythu Bandhu Scheme, under which the assistance of Rs 8,000 an acre to all eligible farmers in two installments of Rs 4,000 each would be given.
Accordingly, the first phase of the scheme was completed in May/June with about 50 lakh farmers receiving the cheques and the second phase of cheque distribution is slated in the second week of November. Rajath Kumar told reporters "There would not be any problem with respect to the ongoing schemes. However, we will refer the matter to the Election Commission and seek their opinion". Meanwhile, the Election Commission on Thursday said the model code of conduct shall come into operation with immediate effect in the States which are under caretaker governments.
Furthermore, in a communication to the Chief Secretaries of all the States, the EC said the model code would be in force until the completion of the election to constitute the new Legislative Assembly. Earlier the Telangana Cabinet had on September 6 recommended dissolution of the Assembly before the government completed its five-year term. As per report a team of senior officials from the EC recently visited the State and took, not of the preparedness for polls. Moreover, Kumar said as on September 27 they received over 28.58 lakh claims and objections with regards to the voters' list and out of which 14.90 lakh are still pending.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal