Hyderabad sources stated that Chief Electoral Officer Rajath Kumar on Thursday said the second phase of the free life insurance scheme for farmers would be referred to the Election Commission (EC) for its suggestion, in view of the Model Code of Conduct implemented in the state. Presently the state government is implementing the Rythu Bandhu Scheme, under which the assistance of Rs 8,000 an acre to all eligible farmers in two installments of Rs 4,000 each would be given.
Accordingly, the first phase of the scheme was completed in May/June with about 50 lakh farmers receiving the cheques and the second phase of cheque distribution is slated in the second week of November. Rajath Kumar told reporters "There would not be any problem with respect to the ongoing schemes. However, we will refer the matter to the Election Commission and seek their opinion". Meanwhile, the Election Commission on Thursday said the model code of conduct shall come into operation with immediate effect in the States which are under caretaker governments.
Furthermore, in a communication to the Chief Secretaries of all the States, the EC said the model code would be in force until the completion of the election to constitute the new Legislative Assembly. Earlier the Telangana Cabinet had on September 6 recommended dissolution of the Assembly before the government completed its five-year term. As per report a team of senior officials from the EC recently visited the State and took, not of the preparedness for polls. Moreover, Kumar said as on September 27 they received over 28.58 lakh claims and objections with regards to the voters' list and out of which 14.90 lakh are still pending.
Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved As per report Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba announced generation of whopping $30.8 billion in terms of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) during Singles' Day sale the 24 hour annual shopping event held on November 11, beating the last year's record of $25 billion. Meanwhile around 180,000 brands had participated in the sale on all retail platforms of the company. Apple, Xiaomi
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?