Hyderabad sources stated that Chief Electoral Officer Rajath Kumar on Thursday said the second phase of the free life insurance scheme for farmers would be referred to the Election Commission (EC) for its suggestion, in view of the Model Code of Conduct implemented in the state. Presently the state government is implementing the Rythu Bandhu Scheme, under which the assistance of Rs 8,000 an acre to all eligible farmers in two installments of Rs 4,000 each would be given.
Accordingly, the first phase of the scheme was completed in May/June with about 50 lakh farmers receiving the cheques and the second phase of cheque distribution is slated in the second week of November. Rajath Kumar told reporters "There would not be any problem with respect to the ongoing schemes. However, we will refer the matter to the Election Commission and seek their opinion". Meanwhile, the Election Commission on Thursday said the model code of conduct shall come into operation with immediate effect in the States which are under caretaker governments.
Furthermore, in a communication to the Chief Secretaries of all the States, the EC said the model code would be in force until the completion of the election to constitute the new Legislative Assembly. Earlier the Telangana Cabinet had on September 6 recommended dissolution of the Assembly before the government completed its five-year term. As per report a team of senior officials from the EC recently visited the State and took, not of the preparedness for polls. Moreover, Kumar said as on September 27 they received over 28.58 lakh claims and objections with regards to the voters' list and out of which 14.90 lakh are still pending.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority