Chennai sources reported that Train 18', India's first engineless train which was manufactured in a record time of 18 months at the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) is Indian Railways' first world-class train. As per the report, the train will likely replace India's fastest Shatabdi Express and have facilities like special toilets and seats for the disabled. Accordingly 'Train 18' is the first prototype, which will be modified for subsequent production based on the feedback from Lucknow based RDSO (Research Designs and Standards Organisation).
As per report 'Train 18' will be able to achieve speeds of 160 kmph and will be propelled by an underslung propulsion system and moreover, it will have an aerodynamic driver's cabin, like the ones in an Electric Multiple at both ends. Furthermore, the Train 18' will have a driving cabin at both ends, hence eliminating the need to reverse the train set, once it reaches its final destination. Meanwhile, according to ICF officials, to whom DC spoke, the concept of distributed power train-set for a mainline express service is a new ballgame.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations