Chennai sources reported that Train 18', India's first engineless train which was manufactured in a record time of 18 months at the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) is Indian Railways' first world-class train. As per the report, the train will likely replace India's fastest Shatabdi Express and have facilities like special toilets and seats for the disabled. Accordingly 'Train 18' is the first prototype, which will be modified for subsequent production based on the feedback from Lucknow based RDSO (Research Designs and Standards Organisation).
As per report 'Train 18' will be able to achieve speeds of 160 kmph and will be propelled by an underslung propulsion system and moreover, it will have an aerodynamic driver's cabin, like the ones in an Electric Multiple at both ends. Furthermore, the Train 18' will have a driving cabin at both ends, hence eliminating the need to reverse the train set, once it reaches its final destination. Meanwhile, according to ICF officials, to whom DC spoke, the concept of distributed power train-set for a mainline express service is a new ballgame.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam