Chennai sources stated that after the top court passed ruling that all women can enter Sabarimala temple, politicians in the state have reacted to the judgment here on Friday. Accordingly DMK president and Leader of Opposition, M K Stalin has welcomed the verdict.
He said “This verdict has proved that 'men and women are equal as it is a historical one and should be a milestone, on the road leading to social justice, gender equality, women's empowerment. Meanwhile, Kamal Hassan, leader of Mallak Needhi Maiam, said, "the verdict is a clear indication that culture in the country keeps changing every 50 years and those women, who want to go to the temple have the choice to go to Sabarimala temple for worshipping."
Moreover, Kanimozhi, Rajya Sabha MP, said, “we should not just stop with temples, women should be allowed anywhere especially in important positions like Parliament to make laws. Hence we should appreciate the people who took it forward, not being pulled down by rising opposition.
If you think everyone is equal in front of God, why should you discriminate against women.” Furthermore, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) veteran leader, Subramanian Swamy, praised the Supreme Court's verdict on Sabarimala temple. He congratulated country's women, he emphasized that Shastras are allowed to be amended over time and it is also a part of Shastra.
Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI! The union government has removed special director of CBI Rakesh Asthana, just within a week of removal of his chief Alok Verma that was followed by his offering of fire services chief role and his subsequent resignation from police services.
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker