Chennai sources stated that after the top court passed ruling that all women can enter Sabarimala temple, politicians in the state have reacted to the judgment here on Friday. Accordingly DMK president and Leader of Opposition, M K Stalin has welcomed the verdict.
He said “This verdict has proved that 'men and women are equal as it is a historical one and should be a milestone, on the road leading to social justice, gender equality, women's empowerment. Meanwhile, Kamal Hassan, leader of Mallak Needhi Maiam, said, "the verdict is a clear indication that culture in the country keeps changing every 50 years and those women, who want to go to the temple have the choice to go to Sabarimala temple for worshipping."
Moreover, Kanimozhi, Rajya Sabha MP, said, “we should not just stop with temples, women should be allowed anywhere especially in important positions like Parliament to make laws. Hence we should appreciate the people who took it forward, not being pulled down by rising opposition.
If you think everyone is equal in front of God, why should you discriminate against women.” Furthermore, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) veteran leader, Subramanian Swamy, praised the Supreme Court's verdict on Sabarimala temple. He congratulated country's women, he emphasized that Shastras are allowed to be amended over time and it is also a part of Shastra.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP