According to sources, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB) to implement the Supreme Court’s verdict allowing women entry inside the Sabarimala temple soon. He told officials of TDB at a meeting in Thiruvananthapuram “No delay is permissible” and however, TDB, which manages the shrine’s affairs, has sought some more time to put the directive into effect.
As per the report, TDB officials have sought more time to improve the facilities at the temple for woman devotees. Meanwhile, TDB president A Padmakumar said the board is expecting a 40% increase in pilgrim traffic once women devotees arrive at the Ayyappa temple. He said, “We asked for 100 acres of land for expansion of facilities and the Chief Minister has promised land at Nilakkal".
Furthermore, TDB said it will arrange toilets and shelters for women devotees at Sabarimala and Nilakkal. Moreover, Padmakumar added that there are practical challenges in setting up separate queues for women at the temple. Meanwhile, Ramesh Chennithala, the leader of Opposition, said the Devaswom Board should file a petition against the Supreme Court verdict. said, “The Supreme Court should also examine the social impact and the difficulties in applying these rules and the UDF government's stand was to respect the beliefs and practices of Sabarimala and to resume the restriction of women in Sabarimala"
Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone? According to sources as polls are due in December in Telangana, election fever seems to have gripped KCR. Meanwhile in order to win the elections, CM KCR has performed a special Yagam. Recently KCR and wife Shobha have performed Raja Shyamala Chandi Homam at KCR's Erravelli farmhouse yesterday and it is learnt that the Raja Syamala Chandi Homam is performed for victory.
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh