According to sources, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB) to implement the Supreme Court’s verdict allowing women entry inside the Sabarimala temple soon. He told officials of TDB at a meeting in Thiruvananthapuram “No delay is permissible” and however, TDB, which manages the shrine’s affairs, has sought some more time to put the directive into effect.
As per the report, TDB officials have sought more time to improve the facilities at the temple for woman devotees. Meanwhile, TDB president A Padmakumar said the board is expecting a 40% increase in pilgrim traffic once women devotees arrive at the Ayyappa temple. He said, “We asked for 100 acres of land for expansion of facilities and the Chief Minister has promised land at Nilakkal".
Furthermore, TDB said it will arrange toilets and shelters for women devotees at Sabarimala and Nilakkal. Moreover, Padmakumar added that there are practical challenges in setting up separate queues for women at the temple. Meanwhile, Ramesh Chennithala, the leader of Opposition, said the Devaswom Board should file a petition against the Supreme Court verdict. said, “The Supreme Court should also examine the social impact and the difficulties in applying these rules and the UDF government's stand was to respect the beliefs and practices of Sabarimala and to resume the restriction of women in Sabarimala"
Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies According to report popular Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced that he doesn't wish to pursue politics. Meanwhile in an open letter, the actor shared that he's not entering politics further appealing to students to concentrate on their studies. Furthermore shutting down the numerous rumors doing the rounds regarding his political inclination in the upcoming elections, Ajith clarified in
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules