According to sources, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB) to implement the Supreme Court’s verdict allowing women entry inside the Sabarimala temple soon. He told officials of TDB at a meeting in Thiruvananthapuram “No delay is permissible” and however, TDB, which manages the shrine’s affairs, has sought some more time to put the directive into effect.
As per the report, TDB officials have sought more time to improve the facilities at the temple for woman devotees. Meanwhile, TDB president A Padmakumar said the board is expecting a 40% increase in pilgrim traffic once women devotees arrive at the Ayyappa temple. He said, “We asked for 100 acres of land for expansion of facilities and the Chief Minister has promised land at Nilakkal".
Furthermore, TDB said it will arrange toilets and shelters for women devotees at Sabarimala and Nilakkal. Moreover, Padmakumar added that there are practical challenges in setting up separate queues for women at the temple. Meanwhile, Ramesh Chennithala, the leader of Opposition, said the Devaswom Board should file a petition against the Supreme Court verdict. said, “The Supreme Court should also examine the social impact and the difficulties in applying these rules and the UDF government's stand was to respect the beliefs and practices of Sabarimala and to resume the restriction of women in Sabarimala"
PM Modi asked Bollywood Celebrity to take Movies based on Gandhism New Delhi sources stated that the main reason behind inviting the film industry was to create films and television shows that popularize Mahatma Gandhi and Gandhism, to mark the 150th birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, "Gandhi is synonymous with simplicity and his thoughts reverberate far and wide and the power of creativity is immense
- Jagan's Reverse Tendering Savings Already 1000 Crore
- Telangana outsmarts Andhra Pradesh in innovation
- Pawan Kalyan Chalo Vizag on November 3rd
- Public sector banks planned for a strike on October 22
- Janasena MLA seeking to jump ship to YSRCP ?
- Normal life hit in Hyderabad due to RTC shutdown
- Stamp on HDFC Bank passbook caused panic among many customers
- IT leaves the DOTs without connect in statement!
- Chennai Metro hiked tanker price
- 60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases?
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections