Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump said that India wants to have a trade deal with the US because it does not want him to impose tariffs on their products. Accordingly Trump's remarks, for the second time in recent weeks, comes days after Assistant US Trade Representative Mark Linscott returned from India where he had detailed discussion with senior Indian officials on bilateral trade and a possible trade deal between the two countries.
Meanwhile, Trump often accuses India of imposing 100% tariffs on American products. He said "We have a country, take India. Good relationship. They want to make a deal now because they don't want me to do what he is going to do, with he have to. So, Indians call them that they didn't want to make a deal with anybody else". Furthermore, Trump referred to India in the context of his repeated allegation that other countries have been taking advantage of America in the past.
Earlier Trump this month had said India wanted a trade deal with the US despite the US administration's tough stance on the issue. "Take India. You talk about free trade. So, let's say they (Indians) charge us 60 percent tariff on a product and for the same product when they send it to America, we charge them nothing. So now he wants to charge them 25% or 20 or 10 or something". Moreover, Trump said nobody wants to talk about the jobs created and nobody wants to talk about all the money that's flowing into the coffers of the United States of America.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach