Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump said that India wants to have a trade deal with the US because it does not want him to impose tariffs on their products. Accordingly Trump's remarks, for the second time in recent weeks, comes days after Assistant US Trade Representative Mark Linscott returned from India where he had detailed discussion with senior Indian officials on bilateral trade and a possible trade deal between the two countries.
Meanwhile, Trump often accuses India of imposing 100% tariffs on American products. He said "We have a country, take India. Good relationship. They want to make a deal now because they don't want me to do what he is going to do, with he have to. So, Indians call them that they didn't want to make a deal with anybody else". Furthermore, Trump referred to India in the context of his repeated allegation that other countries have been taking advantage of America in the past.
Earlier Trump this month had said India wanted a trade deal with the US despite the US administration's tough stance on the issue. "Take India. You talk about free trade. So, let's say they (Indians) charge us 60 percent tariff on a product and for the same product when they send it to America, we charge them nothing. So now he wants to charge them 25% or 20 or 10 or something". Moreover, Trump said nobody wants to talk about the jobs created and nobody wants to talk about all the money that's flowing into the coffers of the United States of America.
New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys According to sources Indian IT major Infosys has received cabinet approval to develop, what is being called, the next generation income tax filing system, which will cut down the processing time for returns from 63 days to one day and expedite refunds. Meanwhile the integrated E-filing and Centralized Processing Centre 2.0 Project of the Income Tax Department will be developed by Infosys at a cost of Rs 4,241.97 crore.
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp