According to sources in light of the recent judgment of the Supreme Court allowing women of menstruating ages to enter the Sabarimala temple, the Sabarimala Commissioner submitted a report on the pre-annual pilgrimage season works being undertaken in the region to facilitate the heavy rush of pilgrims during the upcoming mandala season this year. Moreover, the mandala season in Sabarimala starts by mid-November and lasts till mid-January every year.
Meanwhile, when acknowledging the report submitted by the commissioner, the Devaswom bench of the court raised the question about the steps taken to implement the recent SC order on Sabarimala. Accordingly, the Supreme court had, on Friday, struck down the rule that prohibited women between the ages 10 and 50 from going to Sabarimala.
Moreover, Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said that the existing area for women below 10 years and above 50 years to bathe near Pamba river will be expanded to accommodate more woman pilgrims. He added “There is a problem of lighting from Pamba till the Sannidhanam, but we will ensure the route is as bright as daylight. We will also build sufficient women-friendly toilets on the route".
As per report he also said that transportation facilities will also be improved to accommodate more women by reserving 25% of the seats to Sabarimala from Nilakkal. Further, he also requested pilgrims to avoid staying in Sannidhanam this year due to the likely increase in the pilgrim traffic.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy