According to sources in light of the recent judgment of the Supreme Court allowing women of menstruating ages to enter the Sabarimala temple, the Sabarimala Commissioner submitted a report on the pre-annual pilgrimage season works being undertaken in the region to facilitate the heavy rush of pilgrims during the upcoming mandala season this year. Moreover, the mandala season in Sabarimala starts by mid-November and lasts till mid-January every year.
Meanwhile, when acknowledging the report submitted by the commissioner, the Devaswom bench of the court raised the question about the steps taken to implement the recent SC order on Sabarimala. Accordingly, the Supreme court had, on Friday, struck down the rule that prohibited women between the ages 10 and 50 from going to Sabarimala.
Moreover, Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said that the existing area for women below 10 years and above 50 years to bathe near Pamba river will be expanded to accommodate more woman pilgrims. He added “There is a problem of lighting from Pamba till the Sannidhanam, but we will ensure the route is as bright as daylight. We will also build sufficient women-friendly toilets on the route".
As per report he also said that transportation facilities will also be improved to accommodate more women by reserving 25% of the seats to Sabarimala from Nilakkal. Further, he also requested pilgrims to avoid staying in Sannidhanam this year due to the likely increase in the pilgrim traffic.
Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government YSR Congress Government is rolling sops to the people one after the other but the shortage of sand has been a thorn in the flesh of the government. The sand shortage has resulted in the construction activity to a grinding halt making several people jobless. The crisis still exists even though the government introduced the new sand policy from September.
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award