As per report Karnataka has received near normal southwest monsoon rains from June till September. Meanwhile, India Meteorological Department (IMD) Bengaluru director-in charge C.S. Patil told in Bengaluru "The state has received almost normal rainfall overall, while the coastal and south interior districts received rain in excess, the northern districts have been facing rain deficit".
Furthermore, the southern state, which was reeling under drought conditions due to deficit rains over the past few years, has received an average of 78cm of monsoon since the onset of southwest monsoon on June 4. On the average rainfall across the state is only about 6% below the normal of 83cm. Moreover, Bengaluru, which received intermittent rains from June to September, faces about 20 percent deficit of rains and the city received a total of 38.6cm of rains so far against the normal of 47.5cm.
Reports added that coastal and south interior districts of the state have received rains in excess, which have filled up the reservoirs in the Cauvery basin. Hence the coffee growing district of Kodagu in the south interior region, which was hit by heavy floods and landslides due to unabated rains from August 14-22, received a whopping 60% excess in rainfall during the four months. Moreover, it had received a total of 346cm of rain as against the normal of 218cm from June to September.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach