As per report Karnataka has received near normal southwest monsoon rains from June till September. Meanwhile, India Meteorological Department (IMD) Bengaluru director-in charge C.S. Patil told in Bengaluru "The state has received almost normal rainfall overall, while the coastal and south interior districts received rain in excess, the northern districts have been facing rain deficit".
Furthermore, the southern state, which was reeling under drought conditions due to deficit rains over the past few years, has received an average of 78cm of monsoon since the onset of southwest monsoon on June 4. On the average rainfall across the state is only about 6% below the normal of 83cm. Moreover, Bengaluru, which received intermittent rains from June to September, faces about 20 percent deficit of rains and the city received a total of 38.6cm of rains so far against the normal of 47.5cm.
Reports added that coastal and south interior districts of the state have received rains in excess, which have filled up the reservoirs in the Cauvery basin. Hence the coffee growing district of Kodagu in the south interior region, which was hit by heavy floods and landslides due to unabated rains from August 14-22, received a whopping 60% excess in rainfall during the four months. Moreover, it had received a total of 346cm of rain as against the normal of 218cm from June to September.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day