According to sources, your electricity bill could soon increase even if you are using the same amount of power. Meanwhile this, after the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) granted permission to five electricity supply companies to collect fuel adjustment charges (FAC) in their bills. Accordingly, FAC is the amount applied to bills of utilities based on the varying prices of fuel or coal.
Hence, in this case, the amount is being increased due to varying costs are borne by distributors between April and June. As per report electricity supply companies are allowed to make changes in the variable cost of power on a quarterly basis and it usually occurs due to a hike in the price of fuel. Also, the charges are passed on by electricity generation companies to distributors who in turn charge consumers.
Furthermore, among the electricity supply companies, MESCOM has made the least increase in FAC. Moreover, the figures are calculated by the companies using their own formulae. Reports stated that this is the second time that power tariffs are being raised by BESCOM since the start of 2017, after 15 paise per unit charge was levied between July 2017 and March 2018. FAC was not levied between April and September this year and will now once again be levied from October to December. Accordingly, BESCOM facilitates electricity supply in eight districts of Karnataka Bangalore Urban, Bangalore Rural, Chikkaballapura, Kolar, Davanagere, Tumkur, Chitradurga, and Ramanagara.
TASMAC surpasses Petta! TASMAC sales have reached an all time blockbuster collections going past the magical 500 crores during the festive season of three day Pongal holidays. Compared to last year, the sales have increased by about 10 percent. There are about 5000 TASMAC outlets in TN and they are the major sources of income of the TN govt.
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!