According to sources, your electricity bill could soon increase even if you are using the same amount of power. Meanwhile this, after the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) granted permission to five electricity supply companies to collect fuel adjustment charges (FAC) in their bills. Accordingly, FAC is the amount applied to bills of utilities based on the varying prices of fuel or coal.
Hence, in this case, the amount is being increased due to varying costs are borne by distributors between April and June. As per report electricity supply companies are allowed to make changes in the variable cost of power on a quarterly basis and it usually occurs due to a hike in the price of fuel. Also, the charges are passed on by electricity generation companies to distributors who in turn charge consumers.
Furthermore, among the electricity supply companies, MESCOM has made the least increase in FAC. Moreover, the figures are calculated by the companies using their own formulae. Reports stated that this is the second time that power tariffs are being raised by BESCOM since the start of 2017, after 15 paise per unit charge was levied between July 2017 and March 2018. FAC was not levied between April and September this year and will now once again be levied from October to December. Accordingly, BESCOM facilitates electricity supply in eight districts of Karnataka Bangalore Urban, Bangalore Rural, Chikkaballapura, Kolar, Davanagere, Tumkur, Chitradurga, and Ramanagara.
Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11 London sources reported that fugitive diamond trader Nirav Modi, who is fighting extradition to India on charges over the nearly USD 2 billion Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud and money laundering case, on Thursday was remanded to prison until November 11 after he appeared via video link from his London jail for a regular remand hearing.
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing