Chennai sources added that the Madras high court has directed authorities to remove the reference to any caste in the names of roads and streets in Thesur town panchayat in Tiruvannamalai district. Meanwhile a division bench comprising justices S. Manikumar and Subramonium Prasad gave the directive while disposing of a petition from A. Venkatesan, which sought a direction to remove the caste name in the street name boards in Thesur town panchayat.
Furthermore the Petitioner’s counsel A. Rajesh Kanna submitted that the petitioner was residing in the panchayat for over three generations. Accordingly there were 52 streets, which have been named in memory of certain persons by including their castes, which was contrary to a GO dated October 3, 1978. He added “Additional government pleader submitted that already a resolution has been passed by the municipality for removing the caste, in the name of the streets. Objections were being invited from the public regarding the resolution”.
Moreover the bench said, “There is no necessity to call for any objection
from members of the public. Hence mandate in 1978 GO is extremely clear that
wherever there is reference to a caste, in the name of roads and streets, the
same has to be removed. Respondents (authorities) are directed to remove the
reference to any caste, in the street/roads in Thesur town panchayat in the
light of the GO”.
TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies Accordingly the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) handed over B-Forms to 107 candidates to file their nomination with the Telangana Election Commission for the upcoming state elections, at the Telangana Bhavan and the last date for filing nominations is November 19. As per report the TRS had released their list of candidates for 107 of the 119 assembly constituencies soon after the assembly was dissolved on September 6.
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!