Chennai sources added that the Madras high court has directed authorities to remove the reference to any caste in the names of roads and streets in Thesur town panchayat in Tiruvannamalai district. Meanwhile a division bench comprising justices S. Manikumar and Subramonium Prasad gave the directive while disposing of a petition from A. Venkatesan, which sought a direction to remove the caste name in the street name boards in Thesur town panchayat.
Furthermore the Petitioner’s counsel A. Rajesh Kanna submitted that the petitioner was residing in the panchayat for over three generations. Accordingly there were 52 streets, which have been named in memory of certain persons by including their castes, which was contrary to a GO dated October 3, 1978. He added “Additional government pleader submitted that already a resolution has been passed by the municipality for removing the caste, in the name of the streets. Objections were being invited from the public regarding the resolution”.
Moreover the bench said, “There is no necessity to call for any objection
from members of the public. Hence mandate in 1978 GO is extremely clear that
wherever there is reference to a caste, in the name of roads and streets, the
same has to be removed. Respondents (authorities) are directed to remove the
reference to any caste, in the street/roads in Thesur town panchayat in the
light of the GO”.
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post