Chennai sources added that the Madras high court has directed authorities to remove the reference to any caste in the names of roads and streets in Thesur town panchayat in Tiruvannamalai district. Meanwhile a division bench comprising justices S. Manikumar and Subramonium Prasad gave the directive while disposing of a petition from A. Venkatesan, which sought a direction to remove the caste name in the street name boards in Thesur town panchayat.
Furthermore the Petitioner’s counsel A. Rajesh Kanna submitted that the petitioner was residing in the panchayat for over three generations. Accordingly there were 52 streets, which have been named in memory of certain persons by including their castes, which was contrary to a GO dated October 3, 1978. He added “Additional government pleader submitted that already a resolution has been passed by the municipality for removing the caste, in the name of the streets. Objections were being invited from the public regarding the resolution”.
Moreover the bench said, “There is no necessity to call for any objection
from members of the public. Hence mandate in 1978 GO is extremely clear that
wherever there is reference to a caste, in the name of roads and streets, the
same has to be removed. Respondents (authorities) are directed to remove the
reference to any caste, in the street/roads in Thesur town panchayat in the
light of the GO”.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time