Dussehra Celebration in North India
In North India, usually people celebrate Dussehra by burning the effigy of Ravana, Kumbhakarna and Meghnath and it is the commencement of the play based on the epic, Ramayana. It is the final day and there is usually a fete organized and enjoyed by people. A chariot carrying Ram, Sita and Lakshaman passes through the crowd and the person enacting Ram aims an arrow to burn the effigies one by one.
Dussehra Celebration in Gujarat
In Gujarat, men and women gather and dance every night of the Navratri and even lot of competitions and shows are organized on this occasion. The songs are usually devotional ones and the dance form is called Garba. Women in their best of attires surround beautifully decorated earthen pots and dance till late night. In many places Garba starts late at night and continue till dawn.
Dussehra Celebration in South India
In South India, the days of Navratri are equally divided to worship three Goddesses, Lakshmi, Goddess of wealth and prosperity, Saraswati, Goddess of knowledge and learning and Durga, goddess of power and strength. They decorate their houses and steps with lamps and flowers in the evenings. Dussehra festival of Mysore is well known and is celebrated in its own style with pomp and pageantry.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach