Hyderabad sources stated that Sahajanand Medical Technologies (SMT), a leading manufacturer of coronary stents in India, on Tuesday announced setting up an integrated manufacturing unit of minimally invasive life saving medical devices in Telangana with an investment of Rs 250 crore. Meanwhile the proposed unit, to come up at Medical Devices Park at Sultanpur in Sangareddy district, is expected to generate 2,200 direct and 500 indirect employment opportunities, according to a Telangana government statement.
Accordingly the unit will have a manufacturing capacity of more than 1.25 million stents per annum, which will make it Asia's largest stent manufacturing unit. Moreover the Surat based SMT is currently the number two player in the Indian market for stents and hopes to capture the pole position in two years.
Information Technology and Industries
Minister K.T. Rama Rao said "It is indeed a pleasure to have a
company that manufactures technologically sophisticated implantable products
such as stents at global standards set up Asia's biggest facility in Hyderabad
and hence this further reinforces Telangana's position as a preferred
destination for innovator and technology companies”.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach