Hyderabad sources stated that Sahajanand Medical Technologies (SMT), a leading manufacturer of coronary stents in India, on Tuesday announced setting up an integrated manufacturing unit of minimally invasive life saving medical devices in Telangana with an investment of Rs 250 crore. Meanwhile the proposed unit, to come up at Medical Devices Park at Sultanpur in Sangareddy district, is expected to generate 2,200 direct and 500 indirect employment opportunities, according to a Telangana government statement.
Accordingly the unit will have a manufacturing capacity of more than 1.25 million stents per annum, which will make it Asia's largest stent manufacturing unit. Moreover the Surat based SMT is currently the number two player in the Indian market for stents and hopes to capture the pole position in two years.
Information Technology and Industries
Minister K.T. Rama Rao said "It is indeed a pleasure to have a
company that manufactures technologically sophisticated implantable products
such as stents at global standards set up Asia's biggest facility in Hyderabad
and hence this further reinforces Telangana's position as a preferred
destination for innovator and technology companies”.
Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam Sources from Nagapattinam stated that According to Tamil Nadu State Disaster Management Authority, as many as 76,290 people were evacuated from low lying areas and sheltered at over 300 relief centres in six districts including Nagapattinam, Pudukottai, Ramanathapuram and Tiruvarur. As per report holiday has been declared for educational institutions in Nagapattinam.
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai