Hyderabad sources stated that Sahajanand Medical Technologies (SMT), a leading manufacturer of coronary stents in India, on Tuesday announced setting up an integrated manufacturing unit of minimally invasive life saving medical devices in Telangana with an investment of Rs 250 crore. Meanwhile the proposed unit, to come up at Medical Devices Park at Sultanpur in Sangareddy district, is expected to generate 2,200 direct and 500 indirect employment opportunities, according to a Telangana government statement.
Accordingly the unit will have a manufacturing capacity of more than 1.25 million stents per annum, which will make it Asia's largest stent manufacturing unit. Moreover the Surat based SMT is currently the number two player in the Indian market for stents and hopes to capture the pole position in two years.
Information Technology and Industries
Minister K.T. Rama Rao said "It is indeed a pleasure to have a
company that manufactures technologically sophisticated implantable products
such as stents at global standards set up Asia's biggest facility in Hyderabad
and hence this further reinforces Telangana's position as a preferred
destination for innovator and technology companies”.
Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster! Chennai based Gukesh has become youngest grand master of India by winning the ongoing 17th International open chess tournament in Delhi. After this win, Gukesh broke the previous record held by his own friend R Pragnanandha, which was recorded in June 2018.When he became the grand master, Pragnanandha was 12 years and 10 months old and now Gukesh has reached the feat in 12 years, 7 months and 17 days.
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump