According to sources Thirumurugan Gandhi, activist and coordinator of the May 17 Movement, was released from Vellore Central prison on Tuesday after 53 days of imprisonment. Reports added he was arrested from the Bengaluru airport on August 9, following a lookout notice that the Tamilnadu police had issued. Meanwhile the activist has had several cases slapped against him, including one of sedition for protesting against the Chennai-Salem Green corridor and Vedanta’s Sterlite plant in Thoothukudi.
Furthermore the activist’s lawyer C Arun Kumar told that the activist said to travel 9,200 kms in connection with the various cases slapped against him in different districts of the State. Moreover after his release, Thirumurugan was welcomed to a warm reception by his supporters and the SDPI cadre outside the Vellore prison.
Meanwhile when addressing the media after his
release, the activist alleged that the TN government was influenced by the
Central government and was executing “an anti-people rule by suppressing
democracy”. Moreover he also added that the May 17 Movement was ready to face
any situation to bring a democratic rule in the state and that it is a
transparent movement reflecting the anger and anxieties of the Tamil people.
TN govt against Gaja! The remedial measures and precautionary activities done by the Tamilnadu government have received instant appreciation and praises from people all over the state. Due to the instant action and swift measures taken by the government lots of lives have been saved, and after the Gaja cyclone attack, now rescue mission is in progress,. Gaja cyclone had crossed the sea yesterday morning at Vedaranyam between Cuddalore and Pamban
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!