According to sources Thirumurugan Gandhi, activist and coordinator of the May 17 Movement, was released from Vellore Central prison on Tuesday after 53 days of imprisonment. Reports added he was arrested from the Bengaluru airport on August 9, following a lookout notice that the Tamilnadu police had issued. Meanwhile the activist has had several cases slapped against him, including one of sedition for protesting against the Chennai-Salem Green corridor and Vedanta’s Sterlite plant in Thoothukudi.
Furthermore the activist’s lawyer C Arun Kumar told that the activist said to travel 9,200 kms in connection with the various cases slapped against him in different districts of the State. Moreover after his release, Thirumurugan was welcomed to a warm reception by his supporters and the SDPI cadre outside the Vellore prison.
Meanwhile when addressing the media after his
release, the activist alleged that the TN government was influenced by the
Central government and was executing “an anti-people rule by suppressing
democracy”. Moreover he also added that the May 17 Movement was ready to face
any situation to bring a democratic rule in the state and that it is a
transparent movement reflecting the anger and anxieties of the Tamil people.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal