Stockholm sources made a statement that as per latest report Arthur Ashkin and Gerard Mourou from the US and Donna Strickland from Canada was awarded Nobel Prize in Physics on Tuesday "for groundbreaking inventions in the field of laser physics".
Meanwhile the award giving body said in a tweet that "The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Physics 2018 for groundbreaking inventions in the field of laser physics with one half to Arthur Ashkin and the other half jointly to Gerard Mourou and Donna Strickland".
According to sources Ashkin received the prize for the optical tweezers
and their application to biological systems, while Mourou and Strickland were
awarded for their method of generating high-intensity, ultra-short optical
pulses, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences said in a statement. The
scientists felt honored and the award giving ceremony will be conducted at the
Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI! The union government has removed special director of CBI Rakesh Asthana, just within a week of removal of his chief Alok Verma that was followed by his offering of fire services chief role and his subsequent resignation from police services.
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker