Sources from Bengaluru stated that the Rs 3,036 crore order to construct the airport's terminal-2 has been given to the Building & Factories Business of L&T. Meanwhile the operator is a private cum public consortium of the decade old green field Kempegowda airport at Devanahalli, 35km north of the tech hub.
BIAL Chief Executive Hari Marar on the occasion said "The terminal will augment the airport's capacity by 25 million passengers per annum when completed by March 2021 to 45 million from 20 million presently". As per report the project work includes design, engineering, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning of the terminal, integrating services and utilities of the airport's systems, support facilities and buildings in terminal one. Presently the L&T arm is constructing the airport's second runway, apron and auxiliary buildings.
L&T Chief Executive SN Subrahmanyan in the statement "The repeat
order is a measure of confidence our client has in us to deliver another
airport project to international class and quality". Further as the
country's third busiest after that of New Delhi and Mumbai, the Bengaluru
airport handled 26.9 million passengers in fiscal 2017-18. Hence in all, 44
Indian and international airlines operate from the airport connecting 46
domestic and overseas destinations daily through the year.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations