Sources from Bengaluru stated that the Rs 3,036 crore order to construct the airport's terminal-2 has been given to the Building & Factories Business of L&T. Meanwhile the operator is a private cum public consortium of the decade old green field Kempegowda airport at Devanahalli, 35km north of the tech hub.
BIAL Chief Executive Hari Marar on the occasion said "The terminal will augment the airport's capacity by 25 million passengers per annum when completed by March 2021 to 45 million from 20 million presently". As per report the project work includes design, engineering, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning of the terminal, integrating services and utilities of the airport's systems, support facilities and buildings in terminal one. Presently the L&T arm is constructing the airport's second runway, apron and auxiliary buildings.
L&T Chief Executive SN Subrahmanyan in the statement "The repeat
order is a measure of confidence our client has in us to deliver another
airport project to international class and quality". Further as the
country's third busiest after that of New Delhi and Mumbai, the Bengaluru
airport handled 26.9 million passengers in fiscal 2017-18. Hence in all, 44
Indian and international airlines operate from the airport connecting 46
domestic and overseas destinations daily through the year.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam