Sources from Bengaluru stated that the Rs 3,036 crore order to construct the airport's terminal-2 has been given to the Building & Factories Business of L&T. Meanwhile the operator is a private cum public consortium of the decade old green field Kempegowda airport at Devanahalli, 35km north of the tech hub.
BIAL Chief Executive Hari Marar on the occasion said "The terminal will augment the airport's capacity by 25 million passengers per annum when completed by March 2021 to 45 million from 20 million presently". As per report the project work includes design, engineering, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning of the terminal, integrating services and utilities of the airport's systems, support facilities and buildings in terminal one. Presently the L&T arm is constructing the airport's second runway, apron and auxiliary buildings.
L&T Chief Executive SN Subrahmanyan in the statement "The repeat
order is a measure of confidence our client has in us to deliver another
airport project to international class and quality". Further as the
country's third busiest after that of New Delhi and Mumbai, the Bengaluru
airport handled 26.9 million passengers in fiscal 2017-18. Hence in all, 44
Indian and international airlines operate from the airport connecting 46
domestic and overseas destinations daily through the year.
Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved As per report Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba announced generation of whopping $30.8 billion in terms of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) during Singles' Day sale the 24 hour annual shopping event held on November 11, beating the last year's record of $25 billion. Meanwhile around 180,000 brands had participated in the sale on all retail platforms of the company. Apple, Xiaomi
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?