As per the report, Apple displaced Google to become the top brand in the world in 2018 while Facebook, mired in data breach controversies, fell to ninth place in the top 100 brands globally. Meanwhile according to global brand consultancy Interbrand's "Best 100 Global Brands 2018" report, Amazon achieved a 56 percent growth to become the third top brand globally.
As per the ranking, Apple's brand value grew 16% to $214.5 billion and it went on to become the first company in the US to hit the $1 trillion market cap. Further as per report findings "In second place, Google was up 10% to $155.5 billion while Amazon is valued at $100.8 billion". Moreover, Microsoft (valued at $92.7 billion) was fourth while Coca-Cola (valued at $66.3 billion) came fifth followed by Samsung on the sixth spot.
Accordingly, Facebook's brand value has declined 6 percent this year in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica data scandal. Charles Trevail, Global Chief Executive of Interbrand, was quoted as saying "A decade after the global financial crisis, the brands that are growing fastest are those that intuitively understand their customers and make brave iconic moves that delight and deliver in new ways". Moreover, Spotify and Subaru made it to the global top 100 brand list for the first time.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome