As per report Swiggy, in a bid to grow the business is weighing its options on adding corporate catering to its portfolio of services. Meanwhile, at present, the food delivery platform is reportedly running a pilot service in a couple of corporate parks in Bengaluru. Accordingly, the B2B model will involve orders being booked from the companies and passed on to the restaurants or fulfillment kitchens and then the delivery arranged.
Presently as part of the pilot, Swiggy is doing the limited exercise of allowing its app to be used to book the food orders and then monitoring its flow through the restaurants situated within the hubs. Furthermore, the pilot operation is said to be running for around 3 months and of the two building complexes, one is where Swiggy itself has its offices. Meanwhile, with this limited scope, the number of orders handled is also only a few hundreds.
Moreover rival Zomato has already made a foray into the corporate catering segment by acquiring TongueStun, which has been handling some 150,000 orders a day and it has, however, to be understood that this segment may not add too much to the revenues of these companies per se, since employees' lunch or dinner orders may not be typical of high value; they could vary from Rs 50 to Rs 75 per person or per order. Moreover, this new effort is in addition to the steps Swiggy is taking in the hyper-local delivery space which can include goods like medicines and groceries.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach