As per report Swiggy, in a bid to grow the business is weighing its options on adding corporate catering to its portfolio of services. Meanwhile, at present, the food delivery platform is reportedly running a pilot service in a couple of corporate parks in Bengaluru. Accordingly, the B2B model will involve orders being booked from the companies and passed on to the restaurants or fulfillment kitchens and then the delivery arranged.
Presently as part of the pilot, Swiggy is doing the limited exercise of allowing its app to be used to book the food orders and then monitoring its flow through the restaurants situated within the hubs. Furthermore, the pilot operation is said to be running for around 3 months and of the two building complexes, one is where Swiggy itself has its offices. Meanwhile, with this limited scope, the number of orders handled is also only a few hundreds.
Moreover rival Zomato has already made a foray into the corporate catering segment by acquiring TongueStun, which has been handling some 150,000 orders a day and it has, however, to be understood that this segment may not add too much to the revenues of these companies per se, since employees' lunch or dinner orders may not be typical of high value; they could vary from Rs 50 to Rs 75 per person or per order. Moreover, this new effort is in addition to the steps Swiggy is taking in the hyper-local delivery space which can include goods like medicines and groceries.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day