Accordingly after allaying the fears that IMD’s red alert would cause a Kerala like flood situation in the state, K.Satyagopal, Commissioner of Revenue Administration said the red alert was issued only to advise the state government to take action for heavy rains. Meanwhile the alert forecasts extremely heavy rainfall at isolated places in Tamilnadu on October 7.
Reports added IMD is using color codes while sending alerts to state governments. In IMD’s alert, the entire Tamilnadu and Kerala showed in red color on October 7. The commissioner explained “If the alert is Green then no action is required. Yellow color means authorities have to watch weather updates. Orange or amber color alert is given to be prepared for weather events which can turn worse and the red color alert means authorities need to take immediate action".
He said "Tamilnadu government has identified
4,399 vulnerable areas, including 578 highly vulnerable areas and 892
vulnerable areas. Meanwhile the remaining are moderately and low vulnerable
areas and they have also enrolled 30,759 first responder’s young volunteers
from the community including 9,500 women volunteers". Moreover following
the desilting of 30,000 water tanks, additional storage capacity has been
created. He added “We have created additional storage space for up to 2.5
tmcft. After removing the silt, the recharge will happen faster".
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations