According to sources in the wake of heavy rainfall predictions, the shutters of Idukki dam will be opened to release 50 cubic metres per second of water from 4 p.m. onward on Friday, according to the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) dam safety wing. Meanwhile a high level meeting called on Friday to decide when the shutters would be opened was attended by Idukki district collector K Jeevan Babu, MP Joyce George, Idukki MLA Roshy Augustine, and KSEB dam safety wing executive engineer V S Balu.
A KSEB dam safety wing official said "The government and State Disaster Management Committee (SDMA) directed to open the shutters of the dam. IMD (India Meteorological Department) already predicts heavy rain in the state on Saturday and Sunday and we hope heavy inflow to the dam in the coming days". The official noted "As of now, the water level in Idukki dam is at 2387.76 feet on Friday and the full reservoir level of the dam is 2403 feet. But to control the water level in the dam, we decided to open the shutters".
The Collector said "The shutters of Ponmudi,
Mattuppetty and Malankara dams were opened on Thursday, and more water will be
released from Mattuppetty and Ponmudi dams from Friday onward. Further the
district administration has banned the entry of all tourism centres in Idukki
from Friday onward and night travel in the hilly areas will not be allowed
Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project Chennai sources stated that the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed an agreement with the Government of India to provide Official Development Assistance (ODA) Loan of 40,074 million Japanese Yen (approximately INR 2,470 Crore) for Chennai Peripheral Ring Road Project (Phase 1). Meanwhile the Chennai Peripheral Ring Road is placed as one of the priority projects
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019