Chennai sources stated that Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK) leader T T V Dhinakaran on Friday claimed that Tamilnadu Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam wanted to meet him in September in a bid to "oust" Chief Minister K Palanisamy. Meanwhile the ousted AIADMK leader claimed that Panneerselvam had met him in July last year and again wanted to meet him in September end this year, and he had sent in word through a common friend for this purpose.
Furthermore Dhinakaran said that he had, however, refused to attend the meeting and claimed that Panneerselvam had sent in a word that he was ready to "oust" Palanisamy and promote the AMMK leader to a 'significant' post. Dhinakaran told reporters a day after his close aide Thanga Tamilselvan had made similar remarks during a TV debate "Panneerselvam wanted to meet him to oust the chief minister”.
Accordingly Dhinakaran said he was revealing the
information now since Panneerselvam was being critical of him in public fora,
even while making efforts to mend fences. Moreover he also claimed that
Panneerselvam's "only interest is to become the chief minister." Further
the ruling AIADMK dismissed Dhinakaran's claims, saying he was trying to
"fish in troubled waters." Dhinakaran has been since critical of the
Palanisamy government and has repeatedly vowed to oust it.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto