According to sources the representatives of Sabarimala temple's 'tantri' (chief priest) will not attend a conciliation meeting called by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan to discuss the September 28 Supreme Court verdict that threw open the temple to all women, it was announced on Sunday.
Meanwhile Padmakumar, a senior Communist Party of India Marxist (CPI-M) leader and TDB President, said the Board was initially keen to file the review petition, but after being openly chided by Vijayan, they decided not to. Accordingly Rahul Eashwar, another member of the tantri family, said that they have nothing against the Vijayan government but their priority was the emotional attachment of the devotees. Eashwar said "The key stakeholders of the temple are the state government and the TDB and if they do not file a review petition, then there will be no locus stand to other review petitions. The need of the hour is that these two parties should do the needful”.
Furthermore the decision to boycott Monday's meeting was taken after
detailed consultations with the powerful Nair Service Society the socio
cultural body of the Hindu Nair community. Earlier on September 28, in a 4:1
judgment, the apex court said the ban on women in the menstruating age group,
whose presence in the Lord Ayyappa temple was considered to be
"impure", violated their fundamental rights and constitutional
guarantee of equality.
Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters Accordingly united Adilabad, which is considered to be an economically and socially backward district, in Telangana has recorded the highest polling percentage in the state at 75.6%. Meanwhile on the other hand, the most urban district of the state, Hyderabad, has unfortunately recorded a polling percentage
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath
- Vijay Fans assaulted Members of AIADMK
- Is Prabhas going to participate in Koffee with Karan?
- Ozone Layer is on safer side
- TRS Party Leading in Exit Poll Survey
- Why Chandrababu who played crucial role in Telangana elections is tight-lipped?
- Why voting percentage in Hyderabad city is quite low as general election?
- PM Narendra Modi asked OPEC nations to Price Crude at reasonable rates
- Facebook to defend against foreign interference ahead of 2019 LS polls in India
- Telangana Laborers traveled 100 Kilometers to Vote
- Gadkari faints on stage!
- Hyderabad Badminton Player felt her name not in Voters List
- Will Actress Madhuri Dixit contest in favor of BJP for 2019 Lok Sabha Polls?
- Madras HC to consider Duraimurugan's Passport Application
- Why Trump unwelcomed in Bush's Funeral?