According to sources the Election Commission of India (ECI) has said that the dates for the bye-polls in Tamilnadu will be announced after ‘situation becomes okay’ in the state. Meanwhile when speaking to reporters while announcing the polls in five states Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and Telangana Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat said that the date of polls in two constituencies in Tamilnadu will be announced later.
OP Rawat told the reporters in the press conference “Tamilnadu Chief Secretary Girija Vaidyanathan has written to the Commission that there are forecasts of cyclones and rain, and hence not to announce the dates now”. Moreover he also said that she requested him to announce the dates after the state government ascertains that things are okay.
Moreover the verdict on the 18 MLA disqualification case (which is
expected anytime soon) and the ongoing political unrest involving the ruling
AIADMK and the TTV Dinakaran led Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK) are also
speculated to be the reason for postponing the bye-polls. Accordingly the
election to the five states will be held from November 12 to December 7 in
phases and the counting for all the states will be done on December 11.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto