Accordingly Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit alleged corruption in the appointment of Vice Chancellors to TN universities in the past and claimed that he was changing the system now. Meanwhile he was speaking at an event at Bhartiya Shikshan Mandal in Chennai when he made the allegation.
As per reports the Governor said that he was disheartened when he came to Tamilnadu as people told him that crores of money has been exchanged in the appointment of Vice Chancellors to universities. Furthermore he also said that he began to change that situation by appointing VCs based on merit. Meanwhile when claiming that he has till date, appointed nine VCs based on merit to TN universities, the Governor said that nobody can raise an accusatory finger against him regarding any of those appointments.
Further when reacting to the Governor’s claims of
corruption in VC appointments, KP Anbazhagan, the Minister for Higher Education
said that the Tamilnadu government had no say in those appointments and that it
was entirely in the hands of the Governor. Moreover the leader of the
Opposition and the president of DMK, MK Stalin said that instead of talking
about corruption, the Governor must take steps to remove Tamilnadu Chief
Minister Edappadi Palaniswami and Deputy CM O Panneerselvam from their posts
since they are both accused of corruption.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto